CUPRA Formentor general discussion

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I'm trying to find colour codes for Formentor, specially for bumper colour but with no sucess. Anyone?
Want to buy repair pen for small dots on the front bumper but I need a code. Car is graphene gray and bumpers are... unknown?!
Contact your dealer.

Not sure about the bumpers, they are painted? I thought it's just color of the plastic.

I'd love to get a bit of color for the rims (copper color) as I curbed my wheel slightly :).

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
I found on ebay graphene grey pen, they also have copper one..
When I enter my vin I only get graphen grey code. Bumpers are painted and either official dealer doesn’t have the code! Unbelivable...

JamesCLD

Dec 10, 2020
Hampshire
Anyone else get the random framed art print from Cupra this week?
Wasn’t expecting anything but randomly got a large package. Nice little touch

Attachments

• 9CDA4DA9-B57C-4F6E-B0B4-20F11242E6B7.jpeg
    9CDA4DA9-B57C-4F6E-B0B4-20F11242E6B7.jpeg
    681.3 KB · Views: 146

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Anyone else get the random framed art print from Cupra this week?
Wasn’t expecting anything but randomly got a large package. Nice little touch
Not received or seen anything like this, will keep a lookout for the Postman! As you say, nice touch, hopefully for all and not 'the few'?

JamesCLD

Dec 10, 2020
Hampshire
Not received or seen anything like this, will keep a lookout for the Postman! As you say, nice touch, hopefully for all and not 'the few'?
I think it may have been anyone who pre ordered the VZ edition. I know there are a fee on here who did!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I see Whatcar have a VZ2 on long term test, will be watching with interest.

Registered in April 2021, so very new car with latest version of software, which means, it may not have problems earlier cars are suffering from.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Registered in April 2021, so very new car with latest version of software, which means, it may not have problems earlier cars are suffering from.
Or may, given the experiences of some on here? Mine's a 2020 build and I've not had the same issues (so far) so it's not just build date and software version?

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
Got an official Cupra statement about bumper colour code... you can’t get it, bumpers are replacable only! Or you can try to mix your own colour. 😬

Reactions: Peyton

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
We found one tiny spot with colour peeling off. I’m afraid that will spread when cleaning it with water pressure.
That sucks. I wanted to put PPF on my front bumper but got convinced it's not worth it.

Perhaps just clear coat the spot.

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
Car is at the shop now for ceramic and hydrophobic coating. Never saw a guy so dedicated for the work he does. He’s obsessed with details so he saw things I wouldn’t ever notice.
He did half od the work and car looks better then new, literally.
Told me when he first time saw the car that graphene grey colour is too soft and thin and that will be pain in the ass for maintenance. He wants to repair that tiny spots before coating and I menaged to get 1dl of bumper colour from my dealer. They mixed the colour using their own piece of bumper wing. Really appreciate that.
Will post photos next week when car will be finished... or when I get Remus exhaust because it’s the only thing missing for finishing the ABT project.😁

Reactions: Yaz2010 and Peyton

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Noticed today that the glove box opens angled away from the driver on RHD models. Is this just a lazy hangover from LHD design, where it would open towards the driver?

Also it’s probably been mentioned before but infotainment screen is presumably set up for LHD vehicles (menu button on bottom left, climate controls on left when using CarPlay, etc)... not to mention it arbitrarily acting like LHD spec with the temperature sync (I can’t understand the seemingly random nature of this).

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Saw another Formentor yesterday 10 seconds after a cupra ateca went past me, think I'm up to about 6 now on road, not far from my local cupra dealership, same spec as mine VZ2 magnetic grey. I went past him and I think he saw me coming in rear view mirror slowed down gave him a a couple of honks on the horn and exchanged thumbs up, high Viz jacket so guessing he's from dealership.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Saw another Formentor yesterday 10 seconds after a cupra ateca went past me, think I'm up to about 6 now on road, not far from my local cupra dealership, same spec as mine VZ2 magnetic grey. I went past him and I think he saw me coming in rear view mirror slowed down gave him a a couple of honks on the horn and exchanged thumbs up, high Viz jacket so guessing he's from dealership.
Still not sen another one yet. Got the chance to see the 'back end' lighting in the flesh as I parked up in front of a large plate glass window, very impressed and understanding the approving nods and looks I'm getting. Just want to see another on the road to fully appreciate what others see!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.