CUPRA Formentor general discussion

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I went to visit a friend and present my new car, as I always do, sometimes stopping on the way from dealership. Our little tradition.

Two neighbours showed up on her driveway under different pretext, just to check out the car. There were also some viewers from the window across the street

I guess neighbours couldn't work out the brand, so had to come and see the car in person.

My friend said that interior looks from out of space.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thank you. Do you have mandatory winter tires in the UK during the winter?

I almost wish they deliver the car on summer tires. We're soon going to end our winter season so if I get it on winter tires, I'll need to buy new tires rather soon.

What do you guys plan to use?
Sadly (or thankfully) no we don't.

I kind of wish we did, but then we'd only realistically only need them (Safety wise) for 1 month of the year, even though we'd probably benefit from them for at least 3-4 months.

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
I went to visit a friend and present my new car, as I always do, sometimes stopping on the way from dealership. Our little tradition.

Two neighbours showed up on her driveway under different pretext, just to check out the car. There were also some viewers from the window across the street

I guess neighbours couldn't work out the brand, so had to come and see the car in person.

My friend said that interior looks from out of space.
A guy in a tyre fitting van approached me in the petrol station asking if it was a jaguar

Reactions: jcbmally and Peyton

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I learned from video how to switch on heated seats and how to zoom in and out in navigation. It really annoys me that it automatically zooms in on junctions, roundabouts and turns and I lose general view. I couldn't find any menu to switch off automatic zooming in. I was zooming out by pinching the screen, but then my car would be out of the centre after some time, as it wasn't followed on zoomed out screen.

Reactions: IanH72

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I learned from video how to switch on heated seats and how to zoom in and out in navigation. It really annoys me that it automatically zooms in on junctions, roundabouts and turns and I lose general view. I couldn't find any menu to switch off automatic zooming in. I was zooming out by pinching the screen, but then my car would be out of the centre after some time, as it wasn't followed on zoomed out screen.
Glad you noticed that as I thought I was going crazy- I'm not keen on the auto zooming in and out at junctions etc either. Was dead straight forward in my old leon it just stuck to whatever pinch zoom you wanted. Like my Leon if you do pinch in and out then you do have to press the 'car icon' with the arrows around it to go back to following your car. I will have a look T this video later. I think there is something about tapping the screen twice to zoom in or something.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Anyone use Spotify with an iPhone wirelessly in their Formentor?

I use my iPhone XR that way and although the infotainment system shows all the song details along with the Album Cover, ive noticed that on the Digital Dash only the song name and Band name are shown. The Album cover is not shown.

Does anyone have the album cover showing on the Digital Dash?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Mat from Car Wow launched the Formentor and got a 0-60mph time of 4.31 seconds 👍
That's insane. Not sure what is the reason for it. The road seemed damp.

I did see that one reviewer tested 100-200kmh and got 14 seconds and another got 12 seconds. Could it be just temperature/tire related or maybe engine run in period?

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Lot of other non eu reviewers have got 0 to 100 times either at 4.9 or 4.6 .
So this 0 to 60 at 4.3 is great. But if you think about 0 to 62mph then it would be over 4.44 seconds. But never the less it's still quite fast. We need a brave owner to try it out.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
So this 0 to 60 at 4.3 is great. But if you think about 0 to 62mph then it would be over 4.44 seconds. But never the less it's still quite fast. We need a brave owner to try it out.
I'm sure you'll have plenty of people trying it out, but not everyone has proper timing gear.

Reactions: Yaz2010

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Where's that lad that did 4x launch controls in first ten minutes of getting it. I'm sure he will do it I'm on 480 miles on the clock, still got a bit to go before I hit the 1000 mark but have been using the rev range a little more k will admit.

People saying that after 2000 miles the car feels quicker etc..? Is there any proper truth to this, would others agree? And why is it the case. If it is true then I'm looking forward to it

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I watch a lot of mat Watson's reviews and you can tell he's impressed with the Formentor. I think the only thing holding him back at the end from saying ' go straight to buy it' is the fact that it doesn't necessarily fit the bracket of SUV, or hot hatch it's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but I love it for that. And for a young family like myself is perfect

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Where's that lad that did 4x launch controls in first ten minutes of getting it. I'm sure he will do it I'm on 480 miles on the clock, still got a bit to go before I hit the 1000 mark but have been using the rev range a little more k will admit.

People saying that after 2000 miles the car feels quicker etc..? Is there any proper truth to this, would others agree? And why is it the case. If it is true then I'm looking forward to it
My 115ps Ibiza with 19000 miles feels so much quicker now and the fuel consumption is also better than it was for the first 2000 - 3000 miles so there may be some truth to it.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just done 50 miles mixed road driving, motorway/ a roads/ town driving. 80% of time in eco mode 20% in cupra mode managed 35.7mpg. just used the park assist fully in the understory car park of a shop and it worked well!

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Just done 50 miles mixed road driving, motorway/ a roads/ town driving. 80% of time in eco mode 20% in cupra mode managed 35.7mpg. just used the park assist fully in the understory car park of a shop and it worked well!
Always find it interesting that there are so many people reporting wide variety of mpgs. Some people go out of their way to say 30+ mpg is not possible.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Fuel efficiency depends on so many variables, so it's different for everyone. For example, I only do longer journeys, rarely do city traffic and UK has low speed limits. I get lower efficiency when I have some fun on country roads.
If I was driving in real city traffic, it would be much different or on motorway with higher speed limits or no limits.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Always find it interesting that there are so many people reporting wide variety of mpgs. Some people go out of their way to say 30+ mpg is not possible.
Oh yeah that was with family in car too 2 kids and my missus so pretty decent return

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
That’s good. How does the car feel in Eco mode?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.