Cupra front bumper on my V5 Tolly..

a_very_dark_day

Managed to get hold of a brand new silver cupra-r bumper (newer shape 04'??) from seat for £60 (shady deal!) and now just got hold of the grills for it. My Tolly is a 2000 model, but I didn't ask anyone if the later cupra bumpers slot straight onto the motor?? I've seen a few guys on this forum have put the older cupra bumpers on, but not the newer ones..... is it an easy job or not?? I know the fog lights are a little different, so may have to get new ones.

Help!!!

p.s. was seriously toying with the idea of drafting in the wizzards of NoS to install some laughing gas. Does anyone know hos successful this is, especially on a V5? What kinda power can the engine/gearbox etc. take before uprated components are needed????

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
any chance of u gettin me one of those bumpers and that price!!! lol how much shud they be?

jimski

a_very_dark_day

Well, as it happens, I'm getting rid of this one if you know anyone that wants it. It's been sat in my shed for a couple of months now, and the motor will only look good if I lower the car 20m or so to go with it...... bearing in mind I have already gone through an oil sump, I dont think I want another £350 bill.

Its the facelift model cupra-r bumper in silver, still got the corner protectors on it. There are a couple of small scratches on it, but only from storage in the Seat parts room. Nothing noticable. I have the three sections of grill to go with it (brand new @ £55) but the is no splitter. They only cost £20 from Seat.

I only want £100 for the lot (bumper and grills). It's a bit big so postage aint really an option. I can deliver it for a small fee, if I nick my works van for a few hours... I am based in central Exeter.

I can take pictures of it an email them to whoever is interested.

Cheers guys

a_very_dark_day

will have them to you by the end of the day.. cheers

Mr Az

Wants it wide & low
Nov 15, 2007
Bucks
www.myspace.com
:) On a side note UnlceFester where abouts in MK do you live? I live just outside the city in a village called Swanbourne. Nice to see someone close to home!

a_very_dark_day

Ahhh!!! Sorry Fester and chaps, I have been away and forgot completely about the bumper.. will sort it out on the morrow for you - if I can get my camera workin'.

a_very_dark_day

I know man, specially the facelift cupra. I just dont want to have to lower it, as I can barely make it up to my girlfriend house without grounding it on the lumpy road!!! All the other cars I know can do it fine.... damn design flaw!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.