Cupra Leon build

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
Has anyone else has any update on their build progress? I’ve yet to see a Cupra Leon on the road and the Formentor delivery thread has not made for good reading! The last update I had from Leasing Options was provisional build date of wk 35, w/c 30th august. I ordered the first week in June
Mine was provisional build week 33, then yesterday SEAT sent me this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805_120616.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805_120616.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 214

grantcolborn

Sep 25, 2005
That’s promising, I see you’re also a previous Golf R owner, the delivery tracking system was so simple and easy with VW, I don’t understand why Cupra can’t do the same

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
That’s promising, I see you’re also a previous Golf R owner, the delivery tracking system was so simple and easy with VW, I don’t understand why Cupra can’t do the same
I find it amazing in this day and age I can track a food item from Amazon that costs two quid yet a car, nobody really knows. Things will change in the future.

Reactions: Leonfr140

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
Mine was provisional build week 33, then yesterday SEAT sent me this:
I think your leasing through same company as me Leasing Options ? If so how you getting this info from them or did they just tell you who the supplying dealer was and ask them ? I ordered early July I wouldnt mind getting some idea of when I could expect the car, I dont need asap but ideally by early Nov.

Cheers

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
I think your leasing through same company as me Leasing Options ? If so how you getting this info from them or did they just tell you who the supplying dealer was and ask them ? I ordered early July I wouldnt mind getting some idea of when I could expect the car, I dont need asap but ideally by early Nov.

Cheers
Yes same as you. I got the SLI number from Leasing Options, then provided SEAT on Facebook messenger with that number.

Aug 2, 2021
Something worth thinking about;
Was looking at leasing myself but ran the numbers and felt PCP was better (100 quid more monthlys though)
I went to factory order a VZ2 300 Leon last week and was told December.
Was told Cupra do have pipeline stock available due for September. Ended up taking one of these (not my chosen colour and no pan roof).
Was told this stock was earmarked as lease stock but PCP customers had first refusal.
Not sure what was meant by this but if it's possible for lease stock to fluctuate based on retail demand it might be why it's difficult to pin a lease delivery date down?

Aug 13, 2021
Yes same as you. I got the SLI number from Leasing Options, then provided SEAT on Facebook messenger with that number.
Thank you for this suggestion. I'm waiting on a 300 VZ3 from Leasing Options ordered on 11th May but was getting very little info from them on progress. I now have the SLI and have been able to communicate with Seat on Facebook - they respond quickly. No good news from them yet but they have asked me to check in again next week to see if there has been any progress. Very keen to get the car and start enjoying it!

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
I've been told mine should be at dealers next week which is alot quicker than I thought considering ordered early July, may be because mine is just a vz2 in standard lease white with no options it was quick to build or went into build close to when I ordered.

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
I've been told mine should be at dealers next week which is alot quicker than I thought considering ordered early July, may be because mine is just a vz2 in standard lease white with no options it was quick to build or went into build close to when I ordered.
Take that with a pinch of salt. My brother in law has a Cupra Ateca on order wit them and they sent a similar email to him.

Upon checking, someone had made a mistake.

Nice suprise if it is though? (y)

grantcolborn

Sep 25, 2005
Thank you for this suggestion. I'm waiting on a 300 VZ3 from Leasing Options ordered on 11th May but was getting very little info from them on progress. I now have the SLI and have been able to communicate with Seat on Facebook - they respond quickly. No good news from them yet but they have asked me to check in again next week to see if there has been any progress. Very keen to get the car and start enjoying it!
We are in the same batch of orders with Leasing Options. I’ve just spoken to Seat and they said my car is scheduled to start its build on Monday 23rd, fingers crossed we are nearly there!

Reactions: rogerj

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
Take that with a pinch of salt. My brother in law has a Cupra Ateca on order wit them and they sent a similar email to him.

Upon checking, someone had made a mistake.

Nice suprise if it is though? (y)
Yeah I thought it might been stretching the truth, I don't really want the car till late Oct / Nov anyway so prefer it later. 23 Aug was mentioned as due date may be they meant build week as another post mentioned 23rd as build week. I better start making the most of having knobs for aircon etc while I still can lol

Aug 13, 2021
We are in the same batch of orders with Leasing Options. I’ve just spoken to Seat and they said my car is scheduled to start its build on Monday 23rd, fingers crossed we are nearly there!
Let's hope so! What are you getting? I am waiting on a Magnetic Grey Leon 300 VZ3 with Safety & Driving Pack (L). The driving pack was the main reason I couldn't get an earlier delivery from Leasing Options.

If your car build starts on 23rd August, when do you think you would take delivery of the car?

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
Did you mean for that message to be sent to me? Mines being built next week.

grantcolborn

Sep 25, 2005
@gumpy321 @rogerj I would’ve assumed that the 3 of us were likely to be built in the same week as Leasing Options look like they’re part of a bulk order. Mine is a Leon 300 in Magnetic Grey, no other options

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
I got email today from LO with ALD docs for signing shows a delivery date of mine as 30 Sept and even has the assigned reg number. I guess it can still move but looks promising, I would of preferred late Oct delivery.

grantcolborn

Sep 25, 2005
I got email today from LO with ALD docs for signing shows a delivery date of mine as 30 Sept and even has the assigned reg number. I guess it can still move but looks promising, I would of preferred late Oct delivery
What spec have you ordered? That’s good news that they are delivering cars now, even if it’s a bit early for you

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
What spec have you ordered? That’s good news that they are delivering cars now, even if it’s a bit early for you
Mine is a vz2 300 no options in standard white. Not seen one yet in the color hope I like it, my current Audi is standard white though and black edition so will be same as Cupra in that the trim is black around windows etc so should look ok, I like it being stealthy looking.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.