Cupra Oil Change

Ibizacupra09

When would people recommend having the 1st oil change from new and am I right to assume this can be done anywhere it, doesn't have to be at the dealers?!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I would say do an oil change every 5k as you are running turbo and supercharger so it is a performance engine. Just what I intend to do.

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
if you took it too the dealers would they change the oil every 5k or would you have to do this yourself?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Servicing is every 10k. The oil used is just fine for the engine and won't benifit much by servicing early. I have done an oil and filter change however at 5k, but I don't pay for it so thought I might aswell. Any dealer can do an extra oil change for you, there is a section on the back of the service book for additional work so they can stamp that section to save messing about with the sceduled servicing.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It's difficult to say. In theory yes as to maintain warranty you need to maintain to manufacturers guidelines which by self servicing intermediatly your not. But I can't see anyone making it stick providing you use the correct parts etc.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I think I could get away with it at work as we will be buying SEATS for our fleet now and we have a contract to do our own servicing. Can you imagine what it would cost us to send 1000 cars for a service to the dealers all the time????!!! Apart from the fact that dealers would not be able to handle that kind of workload hehehehehehehe. So if our mechanics are aproved by SEAT to do servicing I think I will be ok hehehehehheehehe

Ibizacupra09

Think i'll make the trip North Mk2 and get your guys to give my car a run over........Sure the fuel up and back would be chaeper than main dealer prices :)

Maybe you could set up an income generator on the side from that post :)

Ibizacupra09

Guess what your saying then techie is its not worth doing until 10k service?!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
LOL. Now that would be fantastic!! I don't know what the boss would think though hehehehehehehehehe. It really is more convenient having all the tools and parts here that is why all my previous cars have been so cheap to run. Benefits are great heheheheehehe

mr.Linatsa69

I was thinking of changing mine at 5000km an then at 15000km

mainaman

Feb 19, 2010
London
Servicing is every 10k. The oil used is just fine for the engine and won't benifit much by servicing early. I have done an oil and filter change however at 5k, but I don't pay for it so thought I might aswell. Any dealer can do an extra oil change for you, there is a section on the back of the service book for additional work so they can stamp that section to save messing about with the sceduled servicing.

Techie,do you know if the oil filter is the same as the Golf GT 1.4 TSI(160)'s-UFI hydraulic oil filter element in pleated paper 25.047.00 single?

My dealership didn't even know that 5W-30 was the correct oil for the Cupra,when i picked it up:rolleyes:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It probably is, it's the same upside down metal canister filter with the valve on the bottom.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Techie,do you know if the oil filter is the same as the Golf GT 1.4 TSI(160)'s-UFI hydraulic oil filter element in pleated paper 25.047.00 single?

My dealership didn't even know that 5W-30 was the correct oil for the Cupra,when i picked it up:rolleyes:

5w40 (505.01) is the correct oil for the CAVE and CAVF engines, although it won't do any harm to use 5w30 (507.01)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Because the golf is on long life servicing probably.

I checked the service sheet on ELSA today just to make sure.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.