Cupra R 2009 5th gear trouble

ramzisleiman

So.. my friend got the new Cupra R 2009 6 gear transmission. The car is great overall but there is this ( maybe ) problem.
when travelling on low speeds and low revs, if 5th gear is engaged, it lets go, and goes back to neutral by itself, First i thought that it is a sign that i should go to a lower gear coz i am driving in low speeds ( less than 130km/h ).. but i tried the 6th gear, and this did not happen. Could this be a problem in my gearbox?.. is this a common problem ?.. the car still got 200 miles on it.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards :D

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
it should never come out of gear... no matter what speed you are doing...

I'd say faulty - take it to seat.

ramzisleiman

thats what i thought! the weird thing is that the car is still brand new! :S i hope the warranty takes care of that! :)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
should do mate, certainly seems like an issue somewhere within the gearbox especially on a new car!

cannot remember any other posts on here about the issue you have so not common

ramzisleiman

thanks alot.. just thought this might be a common problem ..and wanted to know the cause before taking it to SEAT. but now no other choice.. gonna take it asap.
cheers

ramzisleiman

yea i know..**** happens! i will take it to seat.. and tell u what the problem seem to be when they find out.

ModifyItAll

Had a similar problem on my fourth gear on my MkIII GTI VR6 back in the day.

i believe it ended up being a broken tooth on the gear itself.....or something like that :shrug: