cupra r boot lock

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
I have replaced the solenoid / actuator with a new one but the mechanism is still not moving when using remote keyfob. Not sure what else to try to fix it. Any ideas?

mgbond

This thread helped Loads. Thanks. Mine stopped working today and reading this it was fixed in 10mins. Gotta love forums.

Bondy

RDS1972

Dec 19, 2011
Essex
I can only echo what Bondy has said, thank god for this forum and for the search function. Thanks guys.

As promised :)

First pic is when the boot lock is open. The green arrows indicate the movement of parts.

Lock1.jpg

The blue circles are the places to lube/grease. Also behind the red circle.
The red circle also shows the handle mechanism the part that lifts up when the handle is lifted from the outside. The top blue circle shows the top sliding bar that connects to this. However if the red circled handle mech is stuck in mid air, as mine was. Then the top blue sliding bar will never meet it and make the final connection, with key or fob use.

The second pic shows the whole picture when the boot is locked. The green arrows again indicate the mechanism movement.

Lock2.jpg

I'm having problem with keyfob operation only,thought you may be able to help :D

I had to replace my CCM unit,since doing this and having it re-calibrated by VAG-COM,i have not been able to lock boot with fob.
My system used to allow me to press fob once,this unlocked all doors & boot,pressing lock button locked it all with one click.
Since replacing CCM one press opens drivers,second click just clicks,third opens all other doors(but not boot)
I have removed panels,cleaned & greased system,but no joy,other than if i push down rod coming up from solenoid,then shut & lock boot with key by turning to right & re-centering key in vert position,if i press fob it will pop up & unlock,but wont go back down at all ???
Am i missing something,i thought dodgy solenoid,but as it appears to be working one way,is this possible ?
Sorry it's a bit long winded,but hopefully it's clear enough...THANKS :)

bo!

Oct 12, 2012
boot wont open

Had a problem concerning My boot not opening tday. could hear the lock disengage but the boot wouldnt open.checked this thread out and voila job done took the whole of 45 min spot on people.:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.