Cupra R Brake fluid Flush & New Discs/Pads - Tips?

Sulli

3rd Cupra
I will be renewing my discs and pads, and plan to do a fluid flush and change at the same time.

Any tips specific to the Cupra - have done it on plenty of other cars - or specific to Brembos?

The plan is all wheels off, on axle stands, fronts calipers off, take cap off resevoir, ease pistons back, and stick new pads and discs on. Flush fluid through starting with n/s rear, o/s rear, n/s front and o/s front - job done.

Tips?

Cheers

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Dont know bout fluid (dealer job) but for pads, no need to remove caliper just use punch to push out two stainless pins which releases spring on top then pull out pads. Fixed caliper! but havin said all that look in guides section of site, very good LCR pad change guide!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Sulli said:
The plan is all wheels off, on axle stands, fronts calipers off, take cap off resevoir, ease pistons back, and stick new pads and discs on. Flush fluid through starting with n/s rear, o/s rear, n/s front and o/s front - job done.

You don't have to take cap off reservoir to push back calipers, pushing back without touching reservoir is what I do. Carefull of the seals when pushing back!
(Full pad and disc replacement guide with colour photo's here)
http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=6

Replacing the fluid sounds OK,what I will say is that once the new fluid is back in an assistant to pump the pedal whilst you bleed the "n/s rear, o/s rear, n/s front and o/s front" is handy.....literally a couple of air bubbles gave me a slack brake pedal. Bleeding process repeated twice :rolleyes:........I also recall some proceedure using VAG COM when bleeding......maybe try a search

Sulli

3rd Cupra
Yeah read the guide, pads and discs sounds simple enough, but I usually find taking off resevoir cap helps push the pistons back to be honest - plus i'll need to do that anyway to replace fluid. Yes, the missus is roped in to 'pump' - she's good at that ;)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Sulli said:
Any tips specific to the Cupra [R]- have done it on plenty of other cars - or specific to Brembos?

Ruddmeister said:
You don't have to take cap off reservoir to push back calipers, pushing back without touching reservoir is what I do. Carefull of the seals when pushing back!

Sulli said:
......... but I usually find taking off resevoir cap helps push the pistons back to be honest...

Why even ask then :shrug: :confused:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
pressure bleed fluid if you possibly can.
potential risk of rolling your master cylinder seals by pumping the pedal full travel otherwise.. = new master cylinder req'd. (had this happen on my mk4 golf)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.