Cupra R FMIC

tbh its the 1 i'm looking at and it does state that the intercooler & pipewrok are good for up to 375bhp

but i'm thinking of getting a huge custom intercooler and getting meercat custom exhausts in kilbirnie, ayrshire to make the pipework up for me, will probz equate to around the same cost

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
See im not to bothered about it being massive, because i never intend to have my car up to a stupid amount of HP!

Just think it would look rather nice behind the grille :D

I'd be asking them for dyno charts on an LCR to prove this TBH. 375bhp is a rather tall claim for the small size of the IC.

it does seem a bit overestimated, i'd have said its good for maybe 300 tops and for most of us on here wanting a FMIC, it'll be good enough to cope with what power we have

bigger isn't always better.... maybe if your running big power yes but when you go too big you introduce unwanted turbo lag as the cooler will take longer to fill with charged air do you not?? :confused:

See im not to bothered about it being massive, because i never intend to have my car up to a stupid amount of HP!

Just think it would look rather nice behind the grille :D

and with where the cooler sits it would be perfect behing a LCR bumper with that massive front air dam, another reason why i'd go for it over the huge & overpriced forge one cause it'll cope with what i have planned for the car

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
it does seem a bit overestimated, i'd have said its good for maybe 300 tops and for most of us on here wanting a FMIC, it'll be good enough to cope with what power we have

bigger isn't always better.... maybe if your running big power yes but when you go too big you introduce unwanted turbo lag as the cooler will take longer to fill with charged air do you not?? :confused:

too big will give lag; too small will not reduce intake temps dramatically.. it is all a balance.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
true...... i do like your idea above, buy the kit, flog the cooler n buy a universal cooler that is a bit bigger in size :yes:

Just make sure the pipes have beaded ends.. if not the silicone pipes will slide off under high boost.. I had one pop off last night even with welded bead on the pipes!

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
tbh is the surface area on these any bigger than the 2 smic on the lcr?

only real benefit is that its front mount but id be going larger on lcr, on lc this should be fine, mine is similar in surface area to the above and works well on mine

edit, just looked at the price.... no way id be paying 350quid when custom kits can be done for 250....

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
The surface area on that cooler is smaller than the two on the LCR as standard, waste of time & money. The twin intercooler set up on the LCR is actually a fairly efficient set up. When you remove the coolers they have a fairly decent core depth, as far as lag goes its not just about the size of cooler but the end cap design plays a big role in performance.
Just my opinion but i wouldnt waste my momey on that cooler.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Basically JBI motorsport are utter crap...i wont go in to it but i bought the FMIC pipes And only sent me half of the ones i needed anyway...

Mines with there pipework and a large deep fmic...And a finished one of it..

And if u measure it just right u can keep the oem Fogs which i done and made it look OEM as possible

Photo032.jpg

Photo033.jpg

Photo034.jpg

Photo035.jpg

Photo037.jpg

Photo038.jpg

P1010013V2.jpg

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
that cooler looks wicked, Big old intercooler.

Im tempted by forge but £600 are they having a giggle.

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Thanks for all the information guys! I wouldnt mind getting one and doing it myself etc, but im just worried i would order the wrong bits, then it wouldnt fit right when i did get it!

scott_83

Basically that cheaper version would be opk for the LC if your not looking to get major power?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.