Cupra R Part for twin Cable CLip

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Dear All,

My Seat Dealer has been unable to find a twin clip which holds two pipes together in front of the oil dip stick area. I have encolsed two pictures.

Basically in front of the connector and towards the in front right side of the oil dipstick. There is a bendy pipe next to a pipe which goes up and then to the raditor.

Well when they changed the fans, this clip which prevents both pipes from touching was damaged. My seat Dealer has spent a month to find the part but still cannot find it. I had a look on ETOS under cooling system but can not find the part. Please help!!!!!

http://photosbykoi.fotopic.net/p32913394.html

p32913394.html

http://photosbykoi.fotopic.net/p32913395.html

p32913395.html

Regards,

Koi.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i gather its a double C Clip to keep the hoses apart ?

first port of call is the old damaged one as 99% of the time it carries its original number or at least a code to trace from

i gather thats probably almost certainly gone so

gimme a rough idea what diameter each pipe is if possible as i have found the clip just have a choice variation on sizes but with a rough idea i can get you a part number to order

;)

Last edited:

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
theold part is with the dealer but I asked them and their was no part number. The item is a double c clip to keep the hoses apart. I will measure the pipes tomorrow. And Thanks.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I know the bit you mean, and I'll have a look to see if there is a part number on it. But not now, it's raining :(

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Both Pipes are 2.5 CM in width. Fl@pper Could you provide the part number.

My Seat Dealer has said that they cannot find the part, even though they contacted Seat UK. All has been a waste of 2 month. I can't belive that Seat UK do not have this part number, what a joke.

How can you pretend to be a brand as good as VW when the backup is not complete!

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Funnily enough - I had a quick look today, but there's two clips you could mean - one is one piece nd the other is three separate parts - each with it's own number...

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Can you give me both parts numbers, please?

The double clip one I need is the one that prevents the cruved pipe touching the other pipe whcih goes to something on the raditor, as shown in the pictures. You may need to click on the HTTP links.

Thanks

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Really sorry - there's no part number on that one! The other one with the part numbers won't fit as it's a different size :(

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
cant find the damn page again - lol

N 104 611 01 lists sizes (14-17 + 1-22)

N 105 396 01 lists (12-16 + 17-17)

both those do the same job - but hang on to see what feel comes up with and ill check it out

*edit- feel got a pic per chance? just to make sure im on same lines

Last edited:

STOKOE

Aug 26, 2004
TEESSIDE
having the same problem with the dealers i have lost one of the rubber feet that sits under the engine cover on my lcr its one of the two feet at the front of the cover dealer can't find a replacment foot.:(

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
STOKOE said:
having the same problem with the dealers i have lost one of the rubber feet that sits under the engine cover on my lcr its one of the two feet at the front of the cover dealer can't find a replacment foot.:(

i thought they had twist clips to hold em on ?

can you get me a picture ?

must admit if its what i think it is i dont think its seperate but may be worth looking in the "show your engine bay" thread and pester a few polished up coverless engine owners ;) never know ;)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
kwan88 said:
Fl@pper I can't find these parts on my ETOS 3.2.1 2006/06 version. Will the dealer know these part numbers?

try the numbers with 2 spaces between the N**123456

e.g. N 10461101

but dealer should be able to order them anyway

cant say more than 90% they are right but they are only a couple of quid at the most

worth a stab

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Right then, went to the dealer to today to order the parts. However he also ordered a part which was similar to the old clip as he could'nt find the old clip even after contacting Seat UK.

The Part number is N 105 186 01

what I need to know is where is this new clip meant to go? One end of the double clip fits okay, a little bit tight but the other is way too loose.

Reagrds.

STOKOE

Aug 26, 2004
TEESSIDE
Fl@pper said:
i thought they had twist clips to hold em on ?

can you get me a picture ?

must admit if its what i think it is i dont think its seperate but may be worth looking in the "show your engine bay" thread and pester a few polished up coverless engine owners ;) never know ;)
sorry meant the two rubber feet at the back of the engine cover ( towards the windscreen). cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members