Cupra remapped

Eri

Oct 7, 2006
Hello Guy,s

Today my Cupra has been remapped by JD Engineering in Holland. Before the remapping the car was Super, but after the remap the car's power, torque and
tractioncontrol (that's also ajusted) is just breathtaking. Al the guy's who are
ordering a Cupra and don't want to remap, i advise you strongly to reconsider.
(Yes, you too Syphon):p :p :p

Cheers,

Eric

x1pppQPzd7N2Qx29eJKOHVq8TgdEDq_Xx5MYNXf-b4GYQQigT9stlDrRwVpz3p92SX-xh29B0a6tofuA6P0G9_Dsc0cLQrwOEyytkzqd9jVgRo

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
JD always seems to get a bit more out of these cars than the others, but even so -

"Get IN".

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I assumed that the DINEng is DIN corrected Clutch/Flywheel/Engine power and DINWhp is DIN corrected Wheel Horse Power/Power at the wheels.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
So in the region of 310-320 lbft torque. On a par with some LCR's and appears to hold its torque very well. Not up and straight down.

Impressive Eric, does it drive smooth low down. Not lost any of its drivability.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Fantastic looking torque and power curves! Great figures too, bet you're pleased with it?

How does it drive now? Any trouble with traction at all or torquesteer?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
So the golden 300bhp is broken. :blink:

If Greenlight can match my very good quote from my current insurer - and don't bump the premium for a remap (as per a recent post) then I might consider a remap. ;)

Scott

Eri

Oct 7, 2006
So in the region of 310-320 lbft torque. On a par with some LCR's and appears to hold its torque very well. Not up and straight down.

Impressive Eric, does it drive smooth low down. Not lost any of its drivability.

Hi Mark, (and others who are wondering)

The car drives really fantastic. Esspecially from low down (from 2500 rpm) the car is now truly unbelievable. When for example i am in sixt ??????gear doing 140 kmh when i push the trottle down the push i get in my back is :rifle:
The driveability after the remap is much better thankx to the ajusted traction control system. You have to bare in mind that it rained overhere all day so you can imagine when the car is this good in this conditions what it will do when it's dry. Plus i'am running snow tires at the moment so tractionwise there more to come when i fit my summershoes.

Cheers,

Eric

cupra2007

RCOTY
Jan 7, 2007
rhodes/greece
hello eric from sunny greece!!!some questions for you:1)how many km you had before the remap? 2)is it advisable to remap the car so early in its life? 3)do they give you any guaranty at all? 4)whats happening to the original seat guaranty after the remap!?! 5)do i sound like a chicken!?!

Eri

Oct 7, 2006
hello eric from sunny greece!!!some questions for you:1)how many km you had before the remap? 2)is it advisable to remap the car so early in its life? 3)do they give you any guaranty at all? 4)whats happening to the original seat guaranty after the remap!?! 5)do i sound like a chicken!?!

1) 3000 km 2) Yes , they told me that's no problem 3) They take over the garanty 4) That could be a problem but you can always put the original software back. 5) Yes :p

Cheers,

Eric

alffi

Jan 8, 2007
Eri, I'm your fan! :clap:
Going to do pretty much all the same things you have (lowering and re-mapping). Nice to see that re-mapping gives over 300 bhp. Do you have any idea how fast you can go from 0 to 60 miles / h (or 0 - 100km / h) now?

Eri

Oct 7, 2006
Eri, I'm your fan! :clap:
Going to do pretty much all the same things you have (lowering and re-mapping). Nice to see that re-mapping gives over 300 bhp. Do you have any idea how fast you can go from 0 to 60 miles / h (or 0 - 100km / h) now?

I'll have to get back to you on that. It hasn't been dry since the remap. :cry:

cupra2007

RCOTY
Jan 7, 2007
rhodes/greece
eric i m getting my car the day after tomorow but i have a small question for you that can"t wait!!what is the noise inside the cabin?i mean from the tyres,the road and the engine?is it tiring if you want to use it for long trips in the autobahn?a lot of magazines said that it had elevated noise levels from the tires and the road!thanks again for your time!

Niall

Aug 6, 2003
www.testrake.com
The advantage of the JD traction control is that is not like your standard TC but it is controlled by cutting the fuelling for a couple of milliseconds thus lowering the power, but when traction is available again power comes back in full. ;)