Cupra - Revo Stage 1 done today

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
Had Revo stage 1 installed on my 33000 mile Cupra today. Done at Prosport in Stockport.
Took a bit of time to do as they were having issues with the licensing dongle I believe, and they were unable to contact Revo support for an hour or so as Revo are moving offices. I think I picked a bad day to go! Anyway, it eventually got sorted and the software was installed.

I didn't get the car rolling roaded, as I am going to do this at a later date. First impressions are that the car feels excellent. So much more torque from 2500rpm onwards. Trying out the higher gears on the motorway on the way home I noticed 6th gear has got much more punch, and 5th will put you in to license losing territory much quicker than before.
I'd love to see some before and after performance figures, but not found much on the site.

It does make me long for 4wd though. The standard Cupra can just about be floored in 2nd gear in the dry. Not any more. Infact 3rd gear is struggling for straight line grip now. Should be interesting in the wet.

Overall i'm very happy. I just hope I don't get bored of it too quick and end up spending more money!

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
Oh, and a quick question - Obviously it will be run on Super Unleaded, but will it still run on 95 RON fuel if I'm forced to put £10 in? Can't find any details on Revo's website.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Overall i'm very happy. I just hope I don't get bored of it too quick and end up spending more money!

:lol:

Have you seen some of the monsters on here, you might struggle to stay strong!

As for fuel, yes it will run on 95 but you won't get the best out f it. Someone with more experience will be along shortly with full details.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
If its an emergency £10 refuel then it would be fine i wouldnt go as far as putting a full tank in. You might get a bit of hesitancy if you give it some but wouldnt make a habbit of running on 95 and keeping the car with high ish timing.

Lee M

The REVO map will be fine with normal 95 ron unleaded but the ECU will take a while to sort itself out after the use of 95.

The better way of doing it is a Revo SPS+ controller with a 95 ron setting, this changes thing automatically with out the ECU adapting itself.

Cheers

Lee

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.