100_0167.jpg

100_0168.jpg

100_0169.jpg

Much better

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
only problem ive found, is that it is angled further in because its normally a passenger side and you have to angle it out to the max to see anything

Looks good tho

HoocH

Dec 31, 2005
London
Id love to change my wing mirrors, imo but the large one is too large and the small one too small!
Surely there must be a hybrid!, what about using the bases from 2 smaller ibiza mirrors and replacing the top parts with something that might fit, ie polo or skoda golf etc

Tha Spank

Oct 26, 2005
Netherlands
Nice HoocH[B)] going to put mine up today.

I've found a German who can send you those
mirrors but haven't heard from him yet.
He has got a different brand of replicas and
in the text doesn't stand that's a heated
mirror. Second option is that I buy some
mirrors here and send it to one of you and
then you send them further (should be
about 50pound a mirror but a good replica
then). But I prefer the first option so hope
to hear from that guy first.

greetz Henk

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
I fitted a SEAT one with no base to my OEM base, a right chew on and I'd never attempt it again but all I can say is I have a silver small mirror with electric adjustment for £20!!! Bargain!

Dec 31, 2005
London
Don't think lupo fits ast hey are the same fitment as the mk4 golf which i tried and doesn't work.

I ordered mine from the seat dealer and was about 88 for the main unit, the rest can be got from an arosa/lupo so things like the mirror and poss housing can be got from places like gsf a bit cheaper than the dealers or hit the scrappies and get dirty!

So the housing and the glass are the same size? does either the lupo or arosa have the blind spot sorted

Dec 31, 2005
London
I'm gonna be different and say i'd like two drivers side mirrors.

I think the small ones are two small.

I thought that, but imo theyre from one extreme to the other either too small or too large :shrug:
Have been trying everywhere for a hybrid but the mk3 is the only model with that base plate, and theres no way in hell im gonna get m3 mirrors.

Im sure its possible to use 2 of the same bases (ie 2 large or 2 small) and fit another case/glass on it say from a bora or passat.
How different are the leon/mk4 ibiza fittings anyway?

kieran_cupra

Yellow n Black works!!!!
Apr 15, 2006
Nottingham
Ive been on ebay.de trying to find a electric one where the seller will post to the uk. Can i find one, no i cant !!!!!

Annoying,

Kieran

Dec 31, 2005
London
Ive looked on the french and spanish ebay too, nothing there either
Think im just going to order through the dealer :shrug:

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
I take it when searching on eBay for one, all you need really is the housing, the glass and the base. Everything else can be utilised from the RHD cupra with regards to electrics and connectors etc?

Dec 31, 2005
London
Seen an arsoa with small mirror and blind spot on in never bothered to look into as i had already got the glass and wasn't going to spend another £25 on a new one, you soon get used to the smaller mirror.

If you already have the glass then fair enough, im just wondering if I ordered an ibiza stubby base would the colour part and glass from the arosa fit reasonably easily?
Wrong side but this is an arosa wingmirror, they look similar....
64_1.jpg

VS

100_0167.jpg

They look really similar only the arosa mirror is also a passenger side so will also be angled slightly, not sure if the drivers side one is the same?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Looking at that, you'd think it would.

Surely it can't be as easy as that. Maybe the only way to find out is to find an Arosa mirror from a scrappy or equivalent and try it. If it works then great, if not then you haven't wasted money.

Someone off here who i know has just bought an Arosa, while he's not looking i might pinch his mirrors and see. :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise