Cupra style front grill behind plate

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Hi, Id like to paint the small part of the front bumper behind/above the plate black, like it is on a cupra as I think it looks the biz, could anyone tell me the type of black it is shiny or matt or whatever? Thankyou, kez:)

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
It depends if its being done by you or a paint shop. if paint shop then matt or satin aslong as its done with matt laquer if doing it yourself then matt. it is supposed to look similiar to the black insert in your rear bumper. If you are doing it yourself I don't know how robust it would be to stonechips

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
I didnt know there was such a thing as "matt laquer".

I would just spray it Satin Black. I want to do it on mine, but i would want to take the full bumper off and do it properly, i just havent found the time!

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Just had mine done at chips away, cost £115 inc vat, I removed the lower grill myself.
Had it done in gloss black (unlike the matt cupra) As it was recomended due to it needing laquer for stonechips. They said it was possible in matt though, but special paint would need sourcing because of the chipping.
I went gloss to match the mirrors.
The lower grill is a pig to get out, but possible without bumper off. Remove fog covers and centre top grill and prise it off very carefully bit by bit

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members