Cupra TDI exhaust options

magicoi

Aug 31, 2007
Lincolnshire
My last service identified a rusting exhaust hanger and just under £300 notes to replace the exhaust (stealer) !

My question is, what options are there for us derv drivers for new back boxes? I dont want a droning exhaust because i drive 20k a year but would like a sportier note and perhaps a little more power to result from the slightly more flowing exhaust (i know the downpipes the killer!)

Thanks

tdi_will

Mufflerectomy.. Cut out the backbox replace with abit of straight through pipe, cost me £60 :p Gives a little bit of a sportier note (hardly noticeable) & You get a little turbo whistle aswell.

+ Turbo definetly seems to spool up a little quicker as less backpressure:D

tdi_will

If im correct they dont test Derv's on emissions.. and this shouldnt have any effect.. im sure a few people take the CAT out aswell!

Someone please correct me if im wrong! :p

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
well mines got a full milltek decat system,

passed the mot perfect last week even malfunctioned the smoke test

the guy checked the errors out and scratched his head saying cant be right the computer is saying too clean to test :)

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Milltek all the way. You gets what you pay for imo. They are well made exhausts.

I bought mine from ICJ performance in Essex for the same money as Andys ^^^

I would recommend them and Chris bent over backwards to get the DP to me on time.

Last edited:

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
got a custom cat back here for 260 notes, looks standard apart from the bigger twin tail ends but get it to 4k and above it it aint standard lol

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
same...milltek cat-back...but buying the decat/downpipe to match.

MOT only test smoke for DERVs its emissions for petrols....i will keep my cat just in case anyway, and if i want to sell it unmodified

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
does it make a noticeable difference to noise and performance chris?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
well id day mines almost oem sound even when ragging , (slightly louder )
and the noise of the turbo is much more noticable too , spool up was about 1200rpm now the carbonio airintakes on its mental chatering all the time

as from my video theres hardy any noise can prob hear the rollers spining more

also awsome gti fitted mine free too