Cupra_Chris' Leon Cupra v2

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
So it has been a while since I was on the forum actively. I had a cupra mk2 a few years back and have had a fair few different cars since. But I kept missing my cupra after every car I looked at it was always missing something. So after a fair few months of searching for the right one I found this beaut. I hadn't seen one this clean for a long time and in exactly the colour I wanted.

This time I decided I was going to keep this one and make it the car it deserves to be, but modify it bit by bit and enjoy each step!

Since I bought the car I've done:
Miltek resonated cat back
Forge high pressure blow off valve
Ramair induction Piping with a universal giant K&N filter.
Whiteline anti lift kit
Uprated organic Helix clutch
Revo stage 1 remap

Visually I've done:
Smoked indicators
Cut down engine cover and resprayed the center plate
Resprayed interior panels black

Initially I forgot how great these cars really are!
Having not remapped my previous one in the end I realised quite how much of a difference it makes and I'm just getting the clutch worn in with the map still fresh :)

Attachments

• 55982d3dsc_0744-jpg.jpg
    55982d3dsc_0744-jpg.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 4a4beadsc_0755-jpg.jpg
    4a4beadsc_0755-jpg.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: louiskopite

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks bud, funnily enough I was just browsing yours as it was on the threads. Yours is a stunner
Thanks very much, it's completely stock but it's in good nick and only 40k on the clock. Lime yours I bet its fun to keep clean haha

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
The best thing about the R is that it looks really good stock! And that is really low miles too!
Mines on 76k but it was hard enough finding a clean one in inferi black let alone low mileage too.
Yep with this wonderful weather we've been having its impossible to keep that lovely shine :(

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
That's what I like to see, straight to the remapping! What other plans you got for it?

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
I
That's what I like to see, straight to the remapping! What other plans you got for it?
I felt I missed out last time and definitely wasn't wrong! For now I'm going to enjoy what I have (I keep telling myself that anyway) but I'll go for stage 2+ in the near future. End goal I would love to have stage 3 but that's when it starts costing a bit :S

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I

I felt I missed out last time and definitely wasn't wrong! For now I'm going to enjoy what I have (I keep telling myself that anyway) but I'll go for stage 2+ in the near future. End goal I would love to have stage 3 but that's when it starts costing a bit :S

2+ Is definately worth it. Trub is, as much as I want to go 3, I'm wheel spinning in 2nd, 3rd and 4th (heavily). So feel it would mostly be wasted power. Currently looking at limited slip diffs, but mixed reviews for a road car.

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
I've heard great things about 2+ and alot of people have said about flat spots in 2 so I figured it's worth just skipping.

That's a fair point, I think traction is our biggest downfall! I've heard mixed about the diff too. Again mostly for track use not road...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.