Custom FMIC

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Before i start, I know to some people this thread is starting to get alittle teadious but a really can't afford a FORGE FMIC but do think they look awsome and i dont like the look of the leguna one, just for the simple reason i think its too long and covers up the whole front grill.

I have been looking on ebay and came across a few intercoolers which would be ok. Had the car in at work up on the ramps to see about fitting aswell. The only thing is which am sure many of you know is that the crash bar is on a slant with a big gap at one end (passanger Aprox 3+") and a very small gap at the other (drivers aprox 2"). I have noticed that the radiator has quite alot of movement at the bottom and am also looking into seeing if i can remount the radiator and aircon about an inch or so backwards to help give more room.

The only thing is i havnt had my bumper off yet and didnt know if anyone had any info on this i.e is it possible, how and what they are mounted on. I want to leave my standard front mesh in also.

The dimentions of the intercooler are 24" end to end, 7" height, 2.5" width. I also emailed the seller and he has told me tht the inlet and outlets are 2.5" also, which would be good as i would not need any reducers.

Anyone got any oppinions on this, i will be fitting the intercooler myself at work when i get a saturday off and pipe work etc... shouldnt be a problem as ive got the tools at work to fit it. Plus help from the other lads.

Any feedback welcome and if possible any pics of your custom FMIC's, also any pics without the front bumper. Cheers

Heres the intercooler http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FMIC-front-mo...7QQihZ007QQcategoryZ38786QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

Jonzy

Rogers went this route, car ran like ****, eventually ended up coughing up for a forge core.

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Yeh ive seen those pics and that pipe work was gash, and didnt like the look of the intercooler end tanks were huge. I can understand the reason for scrapping it. Im not one to rush things either and if i did do it i would take care with it thats why am tryin to get sum info and pics before i set about buying the intercooler. But still thanks for remiding me that it can go horribly wrong lol...Rogers being the perfect example. And from what ive seen on there website there other work looks ok. Must have seen him comming.

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
i was going to try this one but in the end i give up before i started it was also 2.5". will be very very tight behind the bumper

Last edited:

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Ive checked space etc and routing of the pipes but i need to see if i can mount my radiator back either that or cut the mounting bracket like on the laguna install. Ive done some quick measurments at work to see it its possible but nothing specific. As i say am just taking my time to get it done right. Need a saturday off to get the bumper off really. Was gonna go for Same pipe work as a forge system but because it comes out of the sides would need a 180 bend at the d/s.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
interesting that they state its good for 500bhp yet it only holds 18psi? you'd have to have a monster turbo to make that sort of power with 18psi

Deleted member 9043

i bought a universal forge fmic core and made the piping myself with sh-hoses and a universal flange for the map sensor from forge

and it works great on my k03s ibiza!

Type 08 500 x 60 x 175 (19.69 x 2.37 x 6.89) 680 x 80 x 200
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0013&product=FMINT104

Foto-NAEHTLQS.jpg

cost me 390 pound..

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Looks good alot like the normal forge one. DId oyu have to cut ur bumper or just remove the standard mesh. U got any more pics of that please?

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
forge will sell you the same intercooler that they use in the mk3 ibiza fmic kit as i asked about it when i was going to do a universal kit. Still £320 + vat for just the intercooler

Deleted member 9043

Looks good alot like the normal forge one. DId oyu have to cut ur bumper or just remove the standard mesh. U got any more pics of that please?

mesh is gone and had to cut a few cm of them bumper

think i put thin mesh soon

intake temps of 20-25 degrees with 1,4 bar boost 3rd gear on k03s

godzuki

Mk2 cupra & golf mk2 20vt
Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
i bought a universal forge fmic core and made the piping myself with sh-hoses and a universal flange for the map sensor from forge

Do you have a pic of the flange?

Just realised about the map sensor and i need to get rid of the OE intercooler and position its in etc.. so this would be very helpfulif you could help :)

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Before i start, I know to some people this thread is starting to get alittle teadious but a really can't afford a FORGE FMIC but do think they look awsome and i dont like the look of the leguna one, just for the simple reason i think its too long and covers up the whole front grill.

I have been looking on ebay and came across a few intercoolers which would be ok. Had the car in at work up on the ramps to see about fitting aswell. The only thing is which am sure many of you know is that the crash bar is on a slant with a big gap at one end (passanger Aprox 3+") and a very small gap at the other (drivers aprox 2"). I have noticed that the radiator has quite alot of movement at the bottom and am also looking into seeing if i can remount the radiator and aircon about an inch or so backwards to help give more room.

The only thing is i havnt had my bumper off yet and didnt know if anyone had any info on this i.e is it possible, how and what they are mounted on. I want to leave my standard front mesh in also.

The dimentions of the intercooler are 24" end to end, 7" height, 2.5" width. I also emailed the seller and he has told me tht the inlet and outlets are 2.5" also, which would be good as i would not need any reducers.

Anyone got any oppinions on this, i will be fitting the intercooler myself at work when i get a saturday off and pipe work etc... shouldnt be a problem as ive got the tools at work to fit it. Plus help from the other lads.

Any feedback welcome and if possible any pics of your custom FMIC's, also any pics without the front bumper. Cheers

Heres the intercooler http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FMIC-front-mo...7QQihZ007QQcategoryZ38786QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its the rad thats monted on a slant!!you have to make brackets to move the off side of the rad back for more room!

and just wanted to say good luck fitting that mate and keeping the mesh can see it happening tbh! its tight and prob will put a end to your big ideas! the forge intercoolers fin as well and that has a modified crash bar for it to fit!

nickclem

hi peolpe, i really need to know if the laguna intercoolers are worth it! got a chance to get one cheap but if their crap i'll save for thr forge.
cheers

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
they are worth it but they take abit of time getting all the parts and fitting them. do a search there is lots of info

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise