DAB 100bhp tdi engine cover

paulhdi

Feb 3, 2007
:confused:Hi guys,

I popped the bonnet of my sister's car today to top up the oil, and noticed that there is no engine cover. I can see a lip around the oil filler cap which looks like something could rest on it.

It's my first time looking at this engine bay, and so would be grateful if anyone could shed any light on wether a cover is fitted on the 100bhp engine or not, before i go visit the dealer.

many thanks

Paul

Mark Solesbury

Only the Ibiza FR and the Leon have them i think....

It looks a bit monkey without it, but i think its about 100 from a dealer!

paulhdi

Feb 3, 2007
jesus, thats a fair amount for one. Struck me as very odd when i had a looky this morning. I'd have thought they'd have stuck one on.

oh well.

thanks Mark

Mark Solesbury

They do look a lot better with a cover on - especially as the mountings are there etc...

All down to cost i suppose in the end...

vp1701

paulhdi - not all DAB's came with an engine cover. some people got engine covers are others didn't. sounds like your sisters is one of those that came without an engine cover. out of interest what year is the car? did it come with 4 or 6 speakers? does it have a storage draw under the drivers seat? does it have the old 16" FR wheels? do you have steroe controls on steering wheel? just some of the many variations in the trim spec for DAB cars.

paulhdi

Feb 3, 2007
vp1701,

it's an 07 car. and it has all the bits you listed.

Just looks a bit unfinished without the engine cover. Wish i'd spotted in when she was buying it, i'd have asked for one as part of the deal.

vp1701

paulhdi - it is crap that your sisters car doesn't have an engine cover. if it makes her feel any better I have an 06 plate, that only came with four speakers and no steering wheel controls. i know other dab owners that didn't get the FR wheels or the draw under the seat or the nice interior. SEAT don't seem to do consistency. Go along and speak to your dealer but i'm sure he'll just say that its not supposed to have one. I complained about my speakers to the dealer and SEAT UK and got nowhere.

Deleted member 13581

I didnt get the engine cover either.

I went and bought one from the dealer as i think it looks alot better.

Fleggy

Jul 22, 2007
Teesside
i also have a 07 DAB 1.9 TDi which did not come with an engine cover and my sis has a 56 1.4 DAB and hers did come with one.

And the reason why some cars have better trim than others is that they ran out of parts from the sports model so they started taking them from the FR's thats why the later models have the FR wheels and the FR ligh clusters and so on.

Arris666

Bedded In Finally!!!
Jun 15, 2006
Nr HULL
www.myspace.com
What on earth is going on with Seat?????? Im confused ......... why pick and choose certain models to put the cover on????? Ive had an 06 plate 75bhp sport and just collected my 08 plate FR TDI and i must have been very lucky as i have had 2 covers 2 battery covers. I think i would challenge Seat if i was to buy a brand new car and it was to look as shabby as it does without the cover.

Not taken my FR one off yet but when i removed my sport cover ( in order to fit an after market air filter for an amazing roar!!!!) i noticed several bare wires. Should these not be protected in any other way for cars without the engine cover????

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.