DAB ariel amplifier

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
Merry Christmas to you all⛄

Can someone please confirm if the DAB amplifier is the same as the in the Golf/A3, as the part numbers are different.
I know the DAB amplifier end in the letter B
5F4035225B Leon MK3
5G6035577B Golf MK7
8V5035225B A3 8V

Looking for a replacement as my DAB has stopped working all of a sudden.
Any ideas guys

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Anybody got anything to add guys
Yea order the correct one for the car is easiest option pal. But be aware there seem to be a few components that are part of dab system. How do you know the amplifier is at fault ?.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231_162845_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221231_162845_Chrome.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 157

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
I've tried the connection on the amplifier, both sides, also checked the connection on the back of CD unit, pulled out all my interior LEDs and still no DAB, one day I had the next day it was gone, first the commercial channels went then the BBC channels, but I'm not sure if they actually retuned to the FM equivalent.
So I was looking on eBay for a cheap second hand amplifier to swap it out, to see if it would work, and there are big price differences between the different manufacturers amplifier's

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
I've tried the connection on the amplifier, both sides, also checked the connection on the back of CD unit, pulled out all my interior LEDs and still no DAB, one day I had the next day it was gone, first the commercial channels went then the BBC channels, but I'm not sure if they actually retuned to the FM equivalent.
So I was looking on eBay for a cheap second hand amplifier to swap it out, to see if it would work, and there are big price differences between the different manufacturers amplifier's
Firstly establish if you have a dab issue or an fm aerial issue. Then try a reset on the head unit see if that helps.
If you do have a dab aerial issue the next step is check test the wiring around the antenna area in the tailgate.
Before you spend money on a dab antenna.
Could also be a head unit issue not an antenna issue, seems common in golfs.

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
Adam I wish I knew where to begin, FM radio is working fine, I've done a factory reset and a head unit reset, by holding power button for 20 seconds, still nothing, can't understand why it went all of a sudden.
Pulled CD unit out today and all wires in back are solid, i checked all connections on amplifier yesterday all good even the wire going to the back screen intact. 🤷

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Already read your post a few weeks ago when it went, been looking on other forums as well looking for solutions, my next step is to replace the amplifier just as you've done.
It looks like they are 60£. I wouldnt risk buying a diffrent part number as they are weird with component protection and stuff and its not something that can be coded, i understand youre trying to do it as cheaply as possible why not contact a breaker (salvage yard) or ebay or local to yourself.

Reactions: emesee

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
Quick update, was sitting in Tesco's carpark this morning, which is about 12 miles from my house and done a power button reset and voila scan results showed all DAB stations.
I stored about 13 of my desired presets, and thought happy days, as soon as pulled out of the car park, guess what, nothing, every preset showing the mast symbol with a cross through it.
Would you think it's the amplifier or maybe something else?
TIA 👍

kgp280

Apr 19, 2018
Hi Wilto

Your problem with the DAB radio sounds exactly the same as I had a couple of months back.

I plugged Carista into my OBD-II port to read any fault codes and it came back with a fault in the media system . VW fault code 0013, which searching on line is DAB Antenna amplifier open circuit.

I just ordered a new amplifier, fitted it and DAB radio is now working, picking up all stations with no more probs.

Where in South Wales are you from? As I live just outside of Cardiff.

If you don’t have a Carista code reader we could always arrange to meet up and you could borrow mine to read any fault codes. If that helps.

PM me if you like.

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
Quick update,
Fitted a new DAB amplifier yesterday, I wrapped it in cling film and covered it with insulation tape, as I suspect it shorted out due to water getting into it. Anyway after fitting all DAB stations now working.
Took the faulty amplifier apart to see if I could see any signs of water ingress, and there is white residue on the circuit board, could this be water that has done this.
IMG_20230125_044635.jpg

Reactions: SuperV8
Jan 25, 2023
Quick update,
Fitted a new DAB amplifier yesterday, I wrapped it in cling film and covered it with insulation tape, as I suspect it shorted out due to water getting into it. Anyway after fitting all DAB stations now working.
Took the faulty amplifier apart to see if I could see any signs of water ingress, and there is white residue on the circuit board, could this be water that has done this. View attachment 35299
hiya mate having same problem proper pissing me have you a link to the part you bought i’ve got a leon fr black edition 20 reg dab dojng same as yours

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
Hi mate, the part number I needed for my car is
5F4035225B had mine from Seat parts direct, hardly any difference in price from main dealer prices, chose them because my main dealer is 20 miles away and I had it delivered for £61 I think

Jan 25, 2023
Hi mate, the part number I needed for my car is
5F4035225B had mine from Seat parts direct, hardly any difference in price from main dealer prices, chose them because my main dealer is 20 miles away and I had it delivered for £61 I think
sweet mate what leon have you got mate? also

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Quick update,
Took the faulty amplifier apart to see if I could see any signs of water ingress, and there is white residue on the circuit board, could this be water that has done this. View attachment 35299
That's definitely water damage.

Reactions: Wilto
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.