DAB Ibiza Edition Problems

Magnus_Anderson

Part-Time Member
Aug 14, 2001
Harrogate
Visit site
Hi All,

My GF has a 56 plate DAB Edition Ibiza which she purchased second hand from a main dealer in December.

She has been having issues with the "standard" fit Nashville DAB35 radio which although minor are a little bit irritating for her.

First issue is that if she sets the clock on the radio to the correct time and then turns the ignition off when she comes back to the car and turns the ignition back on, the clock is still showing the time it was when she turned the car off. Therefore she has to either set the time again or, if the clock is set to automatic then wait for it to get an update - this can take a while some days!

Second issue is that if she has been listening to a CD, turns the ignition off and then back on again the CD will start right from the beginning again and not from where it left off - is there a setting in the Radio menus that we can't find that could be causing this?

Both these problems strike me as the radio hasn't been wired correctly - but I could be wrong. She has had it in at the main dealer who sent the radio away for 3 weeks. She has got it back today to find the problems still exist.

Has anyone else experienced the same problems? I have done a search on the forums and nothing has come up.

Any advice would be appreciated right now!

Cheers.

Whitechapel

Adam Hilton
May 5, 2009
York/Kingston
With my DAB i haven't had these problems, but I have had some with station pre-sets as markmeus suggested, seems very irregular though, sometimes it does remember them, sometimes it doesn't.

fnc

Haven t had had these problems either, I'd recommend using the iPod connection if you can't get it fixed,

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Yeh that was my line of thought, if it didn't remember the presets then the REM would be wired incorrectly.

I suppose the only thing to do is take it back to the dealers and politely demand that they fix it, or fit a replacement unit. As there's not point in having a radio that doesnt work.

My mate has a mk4 dab, he swapped his radio for an Alpine unit with iPod connectivitly but I'll ask him if he ever had any issues with his dab radio.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise