DAB Radio channel icons

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
This is strange but since posting my message this morning, I went out in the car at lunch and now in the Full Station View and Slideshow View the logo appears!

It certainly wasn't there last night after I uploaded the logo images from my USB stick :confused:

But glad its working now!

Station View:
zRbqNBYT

Slideshow View:
3tHlvAid

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
How do you swap between station and slideshow view?
Glad to hear it's fixed itself ;-)

Sent from my ZX81

Hi Mate, to switch between the different views you just press the view button on the bottom left of the screen and just select the view you want.

On my unit there are 4 views to choose from: Preset List, Station View, Slideshow, Radio Text (I think this is right) :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I want work on sizing the icons properly to be as large as possible in the display holders. While they are ok for the preset buttons, on the other views they always seem to remain small, I'd like to see them fill the placeholders more on the other view.

So aiming to sit in the car over weekend with my MacBook, and Photoshop and try some different pixel sizes and see what I can get to work the best, or not work as the case may be. :) Then I can do the most popular stations to that size.

I'll make them available to download should I be successful.

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
For some reason mine will only display the icons on the preset screen. Originally I downloaded the icons from the link in the first post, but yesterday I deleted them all and tried the official VW link and the still only show on the preset screen!!

Any tips?

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
So aiming to sit in the car over weekend with my MacBook, and Photoshop and try some different pixel sizes and see what I can get to work the best, or not work as the case may be. :) Then I can do the most popular stations to that size.

I'll make them available to download should I be successful.

It would be good to have optimum sized icons, best of luck.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
@Mark, I do hope you can figure this out as that would be awesome. Seems like this is an issue for VW Golf owners too. I stumbled on this thread when I was googling: Link

@Steven, that happened to me also straight after I uploaded it the logos only showed up on preset view. I left it over night and then tried again the next day and it worked, the logos appeared in other views. The system just sorted it out by itself, maybe leave it a few hours and check again.

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
Reactions: Andy

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
@Mark, I do hope you can figure this out as that would be awesome. Seems like this is an issue for VW Golf owners too. I stumbled on this thread when I was googling: Link

@Steven, that happened to me also straight after I uploaded it the logos only showed up on preset view. I left it over night and then tried again the next day and it worked, the logos appeared in other views. The system just sorted it out by itself, maybe leave it a few hours and check again.

Leave it overnight?? I've left the bleedin' thing since June and it still won't work!!! :)

I had hoped that by using the VW ones it would have kicked into life like yours did but it's still the same today.

Ho-hum, it's a minor gripe.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I just uploaded the VW site logos's this morning, still only works on the present view and not the others - how annoying!

gh2

Aug 2, 2010
With mine, the logos only appear in the full screen views when you have already stored that logo in a preset and that preset is on the screen.

eg Preset one in mine is BBC 6 Music - and when I switch to the other views, the logo will appear. Tune to Absolute Radio, which is preset 6 (ie the second page) and the logo does not appear.

Hope that makes sense!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Had a play with lots of different logo sizes, sadly it appears that it appears to default down to the smallest size as used in the preset even on the other view. Maybe they will fix it in a future firmware update?

Optimum for the placeholder appears to be 200px by 120px

If you have installed logos on the preset view, and they are not showing up in others views, switch your unit to MEDIA then back to RADIO You should discover it then loads the logos in the other views.

Worked for me anyway, sadly though they still won't appear to the correct size and remain small in the other views.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
u9ame8yr.jpg

This is odd, BBC World Service appears to be one of the few or only DAB stations that auto sends it's logo.

This fits the larger place holder and fills it.

But any custom ones simply won't resize despite being the same dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Had a play with lots of different logo sizes, sadly it appears that it appears to default down to the smallest size as used in the preset even on the other view. Maybe they will fix it in a future firmware update?

Optimum for the placeholder appears to be 200px by 120px

If you have installed logos on the preset view, and they are not showing up in others views, switch your unit to MEDIA then back to RADIO You should discover it then loads the logos in the other views.

Worked for me anyway, sadly though they still won't appear to the correct size and remain small in the other views.

I just checked the dimensions of the radio icons in the official VW icons file and notice that they are all 160px by 120px, whereas the icons downloaded from "UK Digital" and "GetDigitalRadio" are all different dimensions (102x78, 115x80, 80x75, 80x61, 100x80, etc).

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I tried it with the 160 x 120, makes no odds, unfortunately. From what I can gather it makes no real difference at what size the image files are as long as they are generally rectangular in shape to a similar scale as they appear on screen.

Tried importing files at 160 x 120 including the official VW icons. They fill the preset buttons, but then don't increase in size to fill the larger placeholders.

Only one that works is the BBC World Service i indicated above, because its the only one that appears to download from the station DAB signal.

Last edited:

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
Used the VW link above. Took minutes to do. Has pretty much every DAB radio station I could think of including all of the wee regional ones up here in bonnie Scotland. Put them on a USB, plugged it into the car and as soon as I selected the station icons tab in the set up menu it opened the USB straight away and all I had to do was touch the icon I wanted linked to the channel.

arreruk

Mar 15, 2014
Ha! Now this is cool! Wish my MK3 Focus ST would do that! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.