Dealer RANT%!$%"$&%$&!$

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
What a defeat attitude I see here! It all started great with the desire for bombing the dealer, etc. only to retreat later to looking for decent paint shop... Where did the rage go with the absolutely deserved retaliation?!

My rage will be turned against the dealer in the form of a county court claim for everything I can. I've also bought a balaclava, a bag of potatoes and some frozen sausages. :whistle:

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Bit of an update.

I sent a letter to Autoworld explaining I want a response by today otherwise the car will go elsewhere and I'll send them the bill.. Guess what.. No response.

I have put in a complaint to Seat UK and have been speaking with one of their CSM's. In short, it's between the Dealer and me as the dealer won't admit liability. Seat UK can't really help. Autoworld, Chesterfield refuse to admit any liability and the dealer principle is off until this Friday so no response can be given until then.

I've explained to Seat UK: How is it possible that I can visit x2 different Main Dealers and get booked in quicker than it takes the dealer who damaged my vehicle to even respond? I'm not prepared to wait for this dealer to drag their heels, it's unreasonable and unprofessional. I've also asked how a customer can receive two VERY different experiences from two Official Seat Dealers? Seat UK's response: They review their dealers and all complaints when it comes to Dealer renewal time and everything is taken into consideration, but until then it's the responsibility and choice of the dealer how to decide on how things are ran. I really fail to understand how Seat UK can't control or be responsible for their dealers, after all; it's the dealers who are Seat UK's customer facing representatives so anything the dealer does reflects on Seat UK - If a dealer does something Seat UK didn't approve of, Seat UK should take control, but this doesn't seem the case. What a bizarre set up.

Either way, my car was booked in for tomorrow but I'm having to postpone as I need a courtesy car which won't be available until April. Oh well.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Had a Peugeot 208 gti and wife had a pug 5008, when the cars went in for any work the service chap goes round the car with you and mark down any damage found on the car if any, then if you were happy you would sign a print out . He said this covers them if anyone claims the car had been damaged or if it was damaged by the dealer it would then be down to them to put it right.
Why don't other dealers do this it would save both parties time and money. w
When my Cupra went in 2 twice I asked them go go round the car with me to check for any damaged, he then pick up a printed sheet. Why did he not do this as a matter of course.

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Had a Peugeot 208 gti and wife had a pug 5008, when the cars went in for any work the service chap goes round the car with you and mark down any damage found on the car if any, then if you were happy you would sign a print out . He said this covers them if anyone claims the car had been damaged or if it was damaged by the dealer it would then be down to them to put it right.
When my Cupra went in 2 twice I asked them go go round the car with me to check for any damaged, he then pick up a printed sheet. Why did he not do this as a matter of course.

Exactly. This is all it would have took. I asked for one when I dropped it off but they salesman said it's a brand new car without marks so didn't need one. Next time I'll be taking my own! :)

The problem is, I didn't notice until I got home anyway, I only took a quick look on the tight forecourt - Plus I didn't look that intensely as I honestly didn't expect a main dealer to damage my car.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Exactly. This is all it would have took. I asked for one when I dropped it off but they salesman said it's a brand new car without marks so didn't need one. Next time I'll be taking my own! :)

The problem is, I didn't notice until I got home anyway, I only took a quick look on the tight forecourt - Plus I didn't look that intensely as I honestly didn't expect a main dealer to damage my car.

Good luck hope you get your car sorted out O.K but you should not have to spend hours sorting this out, dealer should be working with you and at the end of the day it would cost them peanuts to put right.

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Good luck hope you get your car sorted out O.K but you should not have to spend hours sorting this out, dealer should be working with you and at the end of the day it would cost them peanuts to put right.

My thoughts entirely. Shows how poor this really dealer is. Thing is, I service my cars regular, buy dealer fitted options as often as I can etc. They would have made their money back 10x over in the time I'll keep this car, then buy another off them. I just don't understand their customer service model.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

My dealer (FIFE SEAT) do the same, but they are one of the good SEAT dealers and that is why I travel a hour to go there when two SEAT dealers who are local to me have never been used. Finding a good dealer is crucial these days, hope SEAT UK start to address this problem soon as having better cars but rubbish service just won't cut it.

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Bit of an update, the original dealer has said as a good will gesture, they will fix the door; they have explicitly stated they do not accept any responsibility - but the kicker is they will only use their body shop.

My experience with the spoiler is that their quality of work and care isn't the best. So do I either give it back to them and be VERY keen with the car when picking it back up, or do I go elsewhere; pay for it myself and take them to court for the money.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Bit of an update, the original dealer has said as a good will gesture, they will fix the door; they have explicitly stated they do not accept any responsibility - but the kicker is they will only use their body shop.

My experience with the spoiler is that their quality of work and care isn't the best. So do I either give it back to them and be VERY keen with the car when picking it back up, or do I go elsewhere; pay for it myself and take them to court for the money.

It all takes time, your time, simply
Pay for it yourself get it done correctly in one go, then take them to court to recover the money
Well that's what I'd do

rhinooneshot

Jan 24, 2016

When I bought my new Leon I emailed this dealer in question with regards to buying a set of locking nuts in fitting. They came back with 64.88 for nuts and £89.00 for fitting. I promptly replied that I would be getting my nuts and service plan from another dealer. So glad I did now!

The dealer I went to offered me the nuts for 64.99 inc fitting and covers.

OU0Cupra

Jul 16, 2010
Chesterfield
This is my local dealer and I avoid at all costs. They have a reputation locally for being rubbish and while I'm sure some people have had experiences which have been fine, I know many who've had issues.

I use Derby Seat instead (although I work round the corner which helps!) and haven't had an issue in the 5+ years I've been using them.

firstleonowner

Feb 26, 2016

Only my opinion but I think legally you may need to let them rectify it, if you don't and go down the route of paying yourself you may lose any future claim