Dectane LED lights pics

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Ive seen two white K1's with these lights. One was in Preston, and the other in Glasgow.

Wouldnt be something i would buy, although they did look quite smart on both cars!

FR_Flavoured

Not bad... if you wanna look like an audi-wannabe chav.

Desperately biting my tongue trying not to join the bandwagon.
I'll just say, I agree with you /dev/null. ;)

Sorry, while I'd love to like these new light clusters, the daylight running light thing just doesnt make any sense - its just a gimmic at the end of the day - that somehow is becoming law with all new cars rolling out the factory !

Poverty

Desperately biting my tongue trying not to join the bandwagon.
I'll just say, I agree with you /dev/null. ;)

Sorry, while I'd love to like these new light clusters, the daylight running light thing just doesnt make any sense - its just a gimmic at the end of the day - that somehow is becoming law with all new cars rolling out the factory !

swedish cars have had DRL for donkey years btw

I totally agree with DRL's they do help prevent accidents and make other vehichle drivers and pedestrians notice you. From my encounters you need more than just DRL's to prevent some numptys from pulling out or pedestrian deciding to walk into the road when they shouldn't... hmmm... blue lights and sirens for everyone?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
They might help stop accidents but that doesnt' stop them looking crap! Unless they are mandatory or already fitted to your car when you get it, I can't imagine why anyone would want to retrofit them!!?

Suppose it's personal preference looks wise.

I'm not a big fan of people who say that a car shouldn't have something fitted because another manufacturer beat them too it. It's lucky the greats of the motoring world didn't have that attitude or some cars today might still be manufactured with a starting handle... :rolleyes:

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
Suppose it's personal preference looks wise.

I'm not a big fan of people who say that a car shouldn't have something fitted because another manufacturer beat them too it. It's lucky the greats of the motoring world didn't have that attitude or some cars today might still be manufactured with a starting handle... :rolleyes:

well said.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008

I don't think that you shouldn't have them because another manufacturer beat SEAT to it. I don't think you should have them because they look sh1t.

I don't think that you shouldn't have them because another manufacturer beat SEAT to it. I don't think you should have them because they look sh1t.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I think people who drive yellow cars are attention seekers and probably would feel at home wearing this whilst driving it... http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...f&sa=N&rlz=1T4ADBF_en-GBGB307GB308&tbs=isch:1

It's fine to say you think they look sh1t therfore you wouldn't have them, rather extreme to say other people shouldn't though?

FR_Flavoured

I totally agree with DRL's they do help prevent accidents and make other vehichle drivers and pedestrians notice you. From my encounters you need more than just DRL's to prevent some numptys from pulling out or pedestrian deciding to walk into the road when they shouldn't... hmmm... blue lights and sirens for everyone?

Statistically, the most common car accident being one in which a car runs into the BACK of another car - then surely it would make more sense to have REAR DRL's?

If the idea is to be more visible, then why dont AUDI's have DLR's on the back too?
(if you look, they only have them on the front, the back is off = no lights running).

At least then, you'd see the car in greater time, with bright rear lights blazing.
So you'd be more aware of the car you are approaching, and wont skid into the back.

Running DLR's on the front stand for.... Im speeding and coming through, and I drive an AUDI (so more important than you - OR SO I THINK), so get out of my way! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Statistically, the most common car accident being one in which a car runs into the BACK of another car - then surely it would make more sense to have REAR DRL's?

But that'd be like driving around with your rear fogs on?

I think it would make more sense to make a motoring campaign stating 'FAILED TO SEE 1.5 TONNES OF METAL? YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS ;)

So you're stating day time running lights are there to bully and intimidate? Good luck if you feel passionately enough to take it up with the European Commission.

DRL's on audi's are leds and are hardly going to scar your retinas. HID kits installed in reflector housings... now there's people to argue against.

If they really bother you that much best thing to do is not fight it, just get a pair of sunglasses. [B)]

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
But that'd be like driving around with your rear fogs on?

I think it would make more sense to make a motoring campaign stating 'FAILED TO SEE 1.5 TONNES OF METAL? YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS ;)

So you're stating day time running lights are there to bully and intimidate? Good luck if you feel passionately enough to take it up with the European Commission.

DRL's on audi's are leds and are hardly going to scar your retinas.

If they really bother you that much best thing to do is not fight it, just get a pair of sunglasses. [B)]

installed INCORRECTLY.... a correctly installed kit with a decent colour rating ie 4300/5000k will not have the stupid glare and beam all over the shop as many cars have with the uber blue versions.

end of the day we cud all argue this till we're blue in the face. different opinions for diff folk :)

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
Where ever the wife tells me
I thought the R8 looked superb with the LED DRLs when it first came out.
But they have very quickly become the new chavtastic Lexus rear lights
I personally think they now look tacky as f*ck, and am just waiting to see my first mk1 Corsa with LED DRLs. 4 up all wearing shell-suits and white baseball caps playing Scooter at full tilt on an Aldi stereo and speaker set up. :whistle:

Oh, with the windows down of course!

Last edited: