Dension Install

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Have just finished installing an Ice Link Plus in my Leon - seems a very well designed piece of kit- sounds great too :D

IMG_2571-vi.jpg

splash-vi.jpg

Last edited:

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
Looking to get something like this for my Nano, just not sure where to put it at the moment as I have a works phone kit fitted in that position at the moment... any ideas? Can you get a bracket to mount one on top of the other? With the Nano being small I'm thinking of putting it up to the right of the steering wheel... any thoughts?

Also did you fit it and was it expensive to do? I'm sure a bit of :search: would yield more info but just thought I'd ask someone who'd just done it.

Will probably wait for a while until there are some Nano specific holders!

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Shrek said:
Looking to get something like this for my Nano, just not sure where to put it at the moment as I have a works phone kit fitted in that position at the moment... any ideas? Can you get a bracket to mount one on top of the other? With the Nano being small I'm thinking of putting it up to the right of the steering wheel... any thoughts?

Also did you fit it and was it expensive to do? I'm sure a bit of :search: would yield more info but just thought I'd ask someone who'd just done it.

Will probably wait for a while until there are some Nano specific holders!

I fitted it myself, probably took 1 hour ish, I used a Brodit mount designed for the Leon...according to the Dension site the Nano is already supported, but only with the Dock Cable rather than the active cradle, although it appears that this option will be introduced in due course :D

The Ice Link Plus was £99 and the Brodit mount was £15

Nano

Dension

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
There is another bracket available - a vent mount one, I have my phone near the radio and iPAQ on the vent mount.

They fit to the centre mount, but I think if you got a LHD one it'd fit on thr right-hand vent nicely [it's only the angle that's different]

Brodit do a vent mount, but that's not the one Imean.

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
Was it difficult to fit and does it come with instructions? I'm mainly worried about the routing it from A to B. I had seen that it was compatible with the cable but don't want it clattering around loose!

Feel, and ideas who made the mount?

Cheers.

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Shrek said:
Was it difficult to fit and does it come with instructions? I'm mainly worried about the routing it from A to B. I had seen that it was compatible with the cable but don't want it clattering around loose!

Cheers.

It come with instructions and I found was easy to fit, the extra loom plugs into a spare socket on the back of the H/U, you then drop the lead down the back so it comes out near the bottom of the little shelf under the glovebox...the active cradle then plugs into this.
The only bit that was a slight fiddle was that there is one wire which needs to be earthed onto the chassis of the H/U and it was a bit of a pain to get a good solid connection, until I used a crimper and put a spade type connector on the end.

I am in no way technically minded so you shouldn't have any problems! ;)

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
Hi Nick, looking good! I think I'm gonna have to go for this, dodgy reception of an fm transmitter is p1ssing me off!
Where did you get the Ice Link Plus from? I'm planing on mounting the ipod in the glovebox for a bit more of a stealth look, will I need the brodit mount to do this or does the Ice Link Plus come with all the neccicary bits? I usually run the ipod on random anyway, will the head unit step through the tracks?

Thanks in advance

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
ianrawlins said:
Hi Nick, looking good! I think I'm gonna have to go for this, dodgy reception of an fm transmitter is p1ssing me off!
Where did you get the Ice Link Plus from? I'm planing on mounting the ipod in the glovebox for a bit more of a stealth look, will I need the brodit mount to do this or does the Ice Link Plus come with all the neccicary bits? I usually run the ipod on random anyway, will the head unit step through the tracks?

Thanks in advance

Cooltopia

You'll just need to select the dock cable rather than the Active Cradle if you want to use it in the Glovebox :)

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
Well thanks to Nick I now have a nice shiney dension ice link plus and it's all connected up and working a treat! although a little expensive (106 quid delivered) it does work well, I just need to work out how it works now and get a non cd player glove box.

Thanks agin Nick, for your help in lightening my wallet, god that money was weighing me down! :doh:

seriously though, thanks a lot it does work brilliantly!

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
I wanted to mount it onto the thread sticking out of the back, but could I find the right size nut :no:

So I put a loop connector on the wire and used a very short, quite wide screw screwed into one of the alternative mounting holes. This is on the right hand side (if looking at the face of the HU) at the back. It's an indent at the top. It seems to work well and it's nice and secure.

I've just been doing a search for glovebox on here and apparently the one without the cd changer mount is a discontinued part and would have cost nearly 200 quid anyway. So I guess I'm looking for the storage bin that goes into the slot then.

PawnStar

Just bought mine, and was trolling threads to see what's what with installing. Am nervous of installing this. Not too sure how the Cradle will mount. But, he who dares wins....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.