Dension Ipod kit query

Mully69

Denison 100 gateway

have recently bought a denison 100 gateway and seem to be having a few problems.
The stereo shows no details of the track being played, track counter just runs constant and then counts down on occasions. have tryed contacting customer support ipodcarkitdirect but they dont give specific instructions and they very vague.
has anybody got any advice

Chris_in_London

Does anyone know how to get the Ipod track information to appear on the radio display or the dashboard display? I've googled this enquiry and have seen many ideas, just wondered whether any members have found a solution.

Regards

newbuyer17

Do you have one of these already? I'd be interested to hear how it interfaces currently? Or is that what you were asking?

I assume it acts like a CD changer, so first album is 01, second 02 etc. When it gets to the end of the CD numbers it goes back to 01 but actually is on album 6 or whatever? Is that correct?

Does that mean you can flick through all albums with the steering wheel up and down controls?

Apologies if I have hijacked the thread - hopefully not too much, but seemed relevent.

Chris_in_London

Dension Ipod kit

I only have the dock cable and not the active cradle, so the Ipod lives in the glovebox. The Dension kit allows you to change tracks via either the steering wheel or dashboard controls.
It is meant to operate like a CD changer (according to the Dension website) but pushing the CD's 01 to 06 buttons doesn't change albums or playlists which is what is supposed to happen. Because I can't see what is displayed on the Ipod screen and because the Ipod data isn't displayed on the dashboard I can't comment on this, but I will have a look later.
My question is whether anyone knows how to get the radio / dashboard display to show what the track names and album information, as all I can do is leave the Ipod randomly picking tracks - which admittedly isn't bad

newbuyer17

Thanks.

track names and album information

You dont state whether you have the MP3 version of the cd player. The non-MP3 version (that I have) has no way of displaying text. It would be numbers only - CD2, Track 4 etc. But the MP3 CD version will display artist and track text.

Chris_in_London

Dension Ipod kit

The car stereo states that it can handle MP3's, there's a multi dot radio display so it should be possible for the display to handle more information than just Track number and track time. I guess that I need to some additional software, but where do I get it and how do I load it

newbuyer17

Ah, you have the newer stereo than me then.

From the denison website:

Is song information (ID3) displayed on the car radio?

Solution:

Most of the car radios are not prepared to display text information from external devices even if the can display it for the in-dash CD player. In such case Gateway 300/400 can't display any song information.
This feature is currently available on the following head units.
OEM - BMW
Aftermarket - Blaupunkt, VDO (depending on the head unit model)
BMW version not only displays song information, but a special Gateway 300/400 user interface with menu, song browsers, etc.

Looks like fairly creative marketing to me, as it suggests that full track info is displayed, but then in the support knowledgbase it turns out this is just for two specific stereos.

Td1man

On my 56 Toledo if I press the info button I can get track names on CD's if they are enables with that information, don't know whether that helps at all!

AjMFreetrack

It depends also which Dension you have as the Gateway Lite won't display track info but the 100/300 will.

AjMFreetrack

Will only display track info on it if your head unit is the MP3 one, with MP3 written on the front.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.