Diagnotic light for Error in Mapped Cooling System

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
:D
Well...

My mech seems to have some clue..
as i told u, my engine stops at first take-off.

I'll post something as soon as I get feedback.

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
question

Simon, wanted to ask u something:

What software is ur car currently running, Jabba or the Original factory settings?

Last edited:

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
I know.. Sorry, wrong words :)

Wanted to ask if, at this moment, ur parameters are set as the factory did (180bhp) or
u are still running on Jabba settings...

PS
Welcome to the club, Paul... :(

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
Hi!

Here are some details, as I said...

The same issue was fixed on an Audi S3 by replacing part number 06A 919 529 B.
This is another temp sensor (than the one we know - 059 919 501 A) and is located on the turbo "housing".

Full of hope, my dealer ordered it for a FR with the same problem, but they did not physically find it on the car... :(

Problem seems to be: although listed in ETKA also as part for SEAT 180hp engines (AUQ, in our case), it seems that only 210hp (AMK, APY) and 225hp (BAM) engines are equipped with this sensor. :blink:

Also, the sensor does not appear in the electrical scheme of the AUQ.

Further research is undergoing...

If you also have details (from the dealer or whatever) please post them!

Paul357

Interesting find , my dealer said something about an temperature sensor that they couldn't physically find . Maybe , when we “adjust” the curves , the ECU thinks that we have AMK ,APY or BAM engines and starts locking for the sensor but nothing there . Reverting or reflashing doesn't help as my friend finds out . The ECU persists in searching the sensor apparently .

Crize , are the wiring for that sensor available on our cars ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
Paul, I do not think is a probelm of software interpretation/error.
As you said yourself, the problem persists even the factory settings are loaded back..
...And the error for a faulty sensor "looks" different...

Is this the part number - 06A 919 529 B - of the sensor that your dealer could not physically find?

I just asked the mech... there is NO wiring for this sensor on our cars.

Where are u from? Is it cold outside in this part of the year?
My engine did not stop in the summer time.

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
you guys dont have this sensor, it is only on K04 equipped cars, the sensor you talk about is THE EGT(exhaust gas temp) and operates @ 950 Degree's C , it is only on APY/AMK/BAM eng codes, you have a batch of duff green temp sensor's/fauly wiring to or from, or an ecu fault hardware or software :)

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
Vern, please check the thread from the beginnig... :)

Almost all the cars with this error replaced, at least once, the "duff green temp sensor".
There were also other parts replaced.

Also, once the error is erased, it reappears several DAYS later... not immediately, as it would be if it was about a faulty wiring...

What else do you think could cause this error?

And how's your BMW? I got a 2002 530D for a couple of months. Great torque. :)

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Crize said:
Or... is the EGT somehow emulated on AUQ...?
No mate, the k03/s dont have the sesor it is there on k04 to protect manifold/exhaust/cat melting etc...........

your prob, could be that thay had a bad batch(does happen) or your thermostats are sticking ,like i said may be ecu fault wiring,4 wires 2 to ecu and 2 to temp gauge on dash, these sensors are shite like coilpack/maf shite :(

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
HHHMm re read, strange t/stat done, so either all sensors are dodgey or the wiring(least prob) woulld go for software/ecu fault, if you can fine a known good sensor, and swap for a few days to eliminate this.............

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
vern said:
woulld go for software/ecu fault,

Problem seems to appear after flash tuning...
But, even if the original parameters are restored, the error keeps coming back.

It looks like some part is "breaking" ...or gets twisted by the flash mod.
Latest models seem to be more exposed.

Latest news:
the error also appeared on 2003 Leon TopSport (not FR), after running 40K with a 230hp setup..

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
I had similar problem with my 2003 TopSport, when I first started the car, she would idle at 2000 rpm! then after setting off would drop back down again! Also had a CEL so took it to the dealers and they had it for 5 hours to replace the water pump as these are cheap and are common to break easily! Turns out that they found a fault with the temperature sensor too so replaced this also, but haven't had a problem since! This was at the begining of the year around winter time!

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
Paul, did lowering you torque help with stuttering?
Which setup/figures are u running now?

Another thing for stuttering could be bypassing the N249... there is a thread on Seat forums but the guys at VWVortex are the champs as they developped a simplier sollution...

I did some heavy reading/searching and I got some photo samples ;)
if somebody wants...

It is not clear yet, if this is having side effects or not. Most say NO.

PS
Paul, when typing, the common thing is to use a space only AFTER the comma... :redface:

Paul357

Yes, it helps a lot . My initial torque curve was not constant, it was very high initially till 4500rpm or so and drops significantly after .

Post Scriptum [B)]
Crize, if "putting a space only AFTER the comma.... " helps solving the "engine light management" problem then why not ? [:@]

Crize

Jul 7, 2005
Easssy man! :D

What "numbers" are u running now? HP/TQ

PS
Same thing with "." and the rest... :D

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members