Did I do the N249 Bypass right?

JamJay

California Bound
Hi all, as above really. I connected the inlet manifold to N249 hose --> DV to N249 hose together with an inline hose connector, bypassing the N249 altogether and leaving the connectors on it, exposed and unused. Have I done this right? Do I leave the N249 connectors open to the atmosphere?

Initial reaction is a massive :D, pick up improved, boost holds better throughout the rev range, less hesitation when planting foot even with TCS off, slightly louder DV, scared the cr*p put of my dad but he begged me to take the long way home ;) and I feel much more in control of the car and what I want it to do.

Image164-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks Gooner, I think i'll leave it all as it is, just in case of issue in the future, I can whip it back to OEM in a flash.

Really impressed with the results to be honest, some cars seem to like this mod, others hate it.

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
have you i thought it always gave out fault codes, For some reason i get the n249 fault code and mines plugged in i think its my Kompact Dv that causes it

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
had the car checked for faults not long ago and nothing and no lights up on the dash either:D

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
yeb that bypass will put a smile on your face... mine is the best mod i ever done makes thdv sound like darth vader.................lol