didn't bother with Tip fitting...

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Well guys, was gonna fit Forge TIp today...

got the car jacked up and on axel stands...

and thought....

NOPE!

Bloody nightmare!!!! Can hardly even get allen key in to undo the TIP off the turbo!!!

so its going to Midvw on Friday to have fitted......better not cost very much!!!!!

Didn't look easy to fit at all!!!!

Rich

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
hehehehe access is awful....it would be MUCH easier if on a lift or on a pit but theres no room and no leverage room at all...

we aborted to play it safe and get the garage to do it.....

gonna get a black Split R put on too :D

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
mine took me ages as well , took me and a mate over 2 hours on a ramp , the one bolt on the turbo was the hardest bit to get of , got the first 2 out and jemmied the last one of

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
Let us know how much it costs from mid Vw, there local to me too (i had my service and tracking done there) and i wouldnt mind getting a tip, if its cheap enough ill get them to do it as it does look like a right royal pain.

T7ODD

lol even I got as far as squeezing under the car and removing everything....

It's just I couldn't get the new TIP on :lol: :cartman:

I had to put it back together again and take it to the garage pmsl.
Cars are a waste of time when you don't have all the gear.

deanrankin85

Nov 28, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
i didnt think this was too difficult, the one capscrew into the turbo was the easiest to remove! just jack the car up and its quite easy to see.

then remove the airbox and remove the pin to the metal water pipe bracket and the other pin is under the inlet manifold (very hard to see). once the old pipe is off n out the way, get someone to hold the metal water pipe out of the way and then the forge TIP should quite easily go on t the turbo! :)

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Well its on and dusted!

Bit of a job for mivw but its all on and dusted for £60!

Pleased with it, makes my 007 noisy ish again as it had gone quiet when i put the boost gauge in to the vac line....bit noisy again and turbo is noisier i think :)

Also seems quicker too but could be the mind playing tricks :)

Cheers guys very pleased and its black so it is nice and subtle under the bonnet :D

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
Fitted mine lastnight, jacked it up on drive,took me about an hour n a half. Not bad for some1 that works in a call centre lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise