Diesel Power 1/4 Mile Times 5/7/09 GTI Summer festival

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi Guys.

Fist time i have run the car on the strip since i had the head done and all i can say is WOW the extra power REALLY helped. most of my times were around the 14.00 mark but i did have a couple of really nice runs but with the weather so hot for most of the day was struggeling big time with intake temps even with my huge FMIc but here was my best time........

5thJuly2009007.jpg

Please forgive the poor quality because it was on a pink slip was a nightmare to get a pic of it. Incase you cant read the pic the numbers are....

Reaction ---- + .4575
60 ft ---- 2.1328
330 ft ---- 5.9080
1/8 ET ---- 9.0023
1/8 MPH ---- 79.56
1000' ET ---- 11.5528
1/4 ET ---- 13.8493
1/4 mph ---- 99.23

I also ran a few 13.9's and my max terminal speed was 102.4 mph. I didnt even completley strip the car out I was running on nangkangs aswell AND there was headwind. I'm looking forward to the next santapod rwyb and I will completley strip the car and run on decent tyres. By then I should have my water/methanol kit aswell so i'm hoping for some even better times. I won the diesel class again 3rd time in a row now.

Anyone else from here run their deisel?

Last edited by a moderator:

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Wish I could have gone. My current PB is 14.4 done at Inters. I will need to get back to the Pod at some point, but probably not until the end of the summer/early Autumn.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi Devon long time no speak hope your well mate.

nope standard nozzels i have been looking into uprating them bust general feedback has been that reliability would be compromised Just having this water/meth fitted looking forward to seeing what that brings me in at. I'm hopeing with the extra cooling it will provide that should help and the meth might help clean up some of the smoke. I'm going to have an lsd fitted aswell in the next month or so. Also looking at propane or nos but other than that i'm out of idea's jabba's bigger turbo sounds nice but for the extra £3-4k it's going to cost the gains are very slight, i think the most they have had out of it at the moment with water meth on is 275bhp and i'm at 256 without water/meth. Any other idea's ?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I have never heard anyone say fitting larger injectors would affect reliability? All you are doing is adding more diesel so you will either gain more power with a good remap plus turbo or just smoke like hell. Fitting water/methanol,NOS,propane will damage an engine alot more then fitting bigger nozzles. I don`t come on here much these days but haven`t noticed you around for ages. Where you been, locked up in Jabba`s workshop or something ?

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
hahaha no I have been very busy buying property haven't had much time to spend on the car. then my cambelt snapped and i bent a couple of valves so whilst they had the head off i had it ported and when i picked it up it reminded me how rewarding doing up the car was lol. I'm just about to have a few external mods done to the car aswell i.e. painting the roof black and refurbing the alloys. I am also looking at getting a LSD fitted.

what injectors would you reccomend? When i was looking into this I was told that with uprated injectors I should be able to get the car to rev further than 5k rpm although i'm not convinced the turbo would be up for that have you found that it revs further? hopefully picking the car back up today or tomorrow so i will let you know what they manage to get out of it with the water meth was at 256bhp before it went in

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Rev further than 5k rpm?
Mine will pull over 5k in 4th gear!
Currently the max it will go to is 5300, standard injectors. Its the ecu that governs the max revs. Turbo will be fine at over 5k as you have a hybrid fitted.
If you have 256hp then with the different map and the hybrid you should be pulling over 5k rpm anyway?
Glynn

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I have recently managed to get 257.5BHP with standard injectors and some uprated bits. Need better tyres before I even go on the strip.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
the way the pd150 hybrid works is a progressive curve which goes up then tails off at the end. therefore by 4500 rpm most power is lost and although it ill rev to just over 5krpm there is no point other than the nice sound my miltek makes lol yea i'm still on standard injectors jonjay i'm just looking at what to do next to get some more power congrats on getting to 257 it's a nice feeling caning almost anything on the road? i'm hopeing when i pick my car up on friday it's going to have a little more than what it had when it went in. i spoke to jabba today the kit is fitted and is booked in for tomorrow to be on the rollers all day so fingers crossed. Devon if you have any idea's on what to do next and where to get the stuff from let me know, i'm currently buying a set of porshe brakes and as soon as i get them i will be taking the car back to jabba to have the brakes fitted and an lsd. have been thinking about propane but still not keen on having a 2nd tank in the boot and nos is just to expensive the way i drive i would be filling it up every other day

p.s glynnd how much power are you running?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
the way the pd150 hybrid works is a progressive curve which goes up then tails off at the end. therefore by 4500 rpm most power is lost and although it ill rev to just over 5krpm there is no point other than the nice sound my miltek makes lol yea i'm still on standard injectors jonjay i'm just looking at what to do next to get some more power congrats on getting to 257 it's a nice feeling caning almost anything on the road? i'm hopeing when i pick my car up on friday it's going to have a little more than what it had when it went in. i spoke to jabba today the kit is fitted and is booked in for tomorrow to be on the rollers all day so fingers crossed. Devon if you have any idea's on what to do next and where to get the stuff from let me know, i'm currently buying a set of porshe brakes and as soon as i get them i will be taking the car back to jabba to have the brakes fitted and an lsd. have been thinking about propane but still not keen on having a 2nd tank in the boot and nos is just to expensive the way i drive i would be filling it up every other day

p.s glynnd how much power are you running?
We need to meet up one day and have a good chat about it all. You going to SCN National with Aaron and co?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
therefore by 4500 rpm most power is lost and although it ill rev to just over 5krpm there is no point other than the nice sound my miltek makes lol

Do you have a graph of the tail off? The only reason I ask is mine does start to tail off a bit from 4,500, but it's not much and is still at 240bhp at ,4,700rpm, so probably about 220bhp @ 5,000. I do bounce off my limiter a little to often at times. :redface:

This was the last run done a while ago. PS: I still think it was under reading torque as plot was following BHP too closely to be serious

mini-FABIADYNO.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i'm picking my car up tomorrow but had some bad news today :( apparently the meth hasn't helped my max bhp so i'm still only running 256 but Kev said that between 2000-3500rpm there is quite a big difference when i pick the car up tomorrow i will post up the dyno plot. i'm sure my plot is alot different to yours i'm sure my peak power isn't that late on in the rev range. I change gear at 4250rpm if i'm trying to go fast i.e. santapod does sound nice revving it to 5000 though :D looking forward to getting the ibiza back now. Did you get much gain from your injectors? where did you get them from? and how much were they? might be something i look into next i'm pretty upset that after spending £600ish inc the service I haven't gained any max bhp.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
We need to meet up one day and have a good chat about it all. You going to SCN National with Aaron and co?

I hadn't planned on I will search the forum now to find out when and where it is ect ect I might be able to make an apperance. I like meeting fellow diesel geeks hahaha

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
My race 783 came from Kerma TDI in the USA, but not sure what value it is doing that now $ is a bit shite against the £. Might be best trying dieselpower in CZ. I think my mapping needs some serious updating as it's a bit old now and probably not making best use of the uprated nozzles and the meth.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham

antnee

Last time T Spark went to pod he got a 13.83 @99.25mph. At the time he was running 226bhp (probally with boost leaks too! )

his slip

DSC01974.jpg

Done with hybrid turbo, zorst, filter, FMIC and mapped to suit.

:)

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Last i heard he was charging 148.75 euro each for the nozzles and 20 euro to fit and test each nozzle to a injector body ( which you supply ) which is very cheap. If you PM john tdi as he bought some nozzles and had fitted by my friend so you might want to ttalk to him and email Richard Strunc at diesel power to get a current quoted price.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members