difference in N75 valve's

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
ive tried all n75 valves H J F and C and the only difference in all of them was the J gave more boost in lower revs range apart from that nothing at all

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
NO! Just read your whole thread. Off topic but get a MAF 1st and a genuine one from gsf or a dealers. They will exchange for yours and £65. DONT get it from ebay.

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
hi all, i phoned alex at tts this afternoon and due to the work load in there workshop he has not had a chance to sort anything out yet, but he is on the case so as soon as he get's back to me i'll let you all know.:)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I can see it now, loads of threads happening coz of over boosting.

The ECS Race Valve is a H valve. It will spike more than any of the other valves.

Apparently ECS grinds the p/n off...

#034906283H

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i've had a race N75 on my LCR for a while now and i think its a good bit of kit. i got mine from alex @ TTS as that is where i get most of my parts and all work on my car is done by them.

Looking around google it seems that it might actually just be the H version of the n75 which came on a 5cyl audi. Its more aggresive than the J. One guy had the full part number on his when he got his valve from ECS and alot of other people on different forums are saying its the H version aswell. There was even an ancient post from here that said about it.

i've spoken to alex in the past about the ECS N75 and discussed the whole J limp mode/doesn't work thing and he has said that the ECS version is a modified H so although the part number may be the same internally they're different.

if you do a group buy then i think that a few leon owners would show an interest so don't you lot be greedy little buggers! ;)

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
so what have we decided here, the ECS one is a bad idea as its a H Valve Variant and that one should but an N75J from somewhere like VAGPARTS?

Or are we decided that the N75 from ECS may well be a hybrid valve but is 9/10 times reliable and does what it should do?

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
J valve has caused lots of problems for some people. Take your pick between the J and H I would say as TTS never got back to us about a group buy. TTS can get the J and H valves cheap anyway...think alex said £30 or so but dont hold me to that so worth calling them anyway.

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
from the looks of it, fitting a J after a remap is a bad idea... Now i think about all of this, i think a mate fitted one to his car after having it remapped. Blew his head gasket out.

The lads a doughnut tbh, 03 plate Leon 20VT on its 2nd engine and now the turbo is dead..

IMO, Some people shouldn't be given the right to breathe, it should be earned ;)

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Hi all, there is now a group buy up running for the ECS N75 race valve that alot of you have expresed an intereste in getting, so for details and to put you name on the list, have a look on the TTS roadsport page. hope that help a few of you:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.