Differences between S and D on DSG box

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
I don't drive it that often in S and it still manages to surprise and scare me.... yesterday I was overtaking, shifted to S and floored it. I was just genuinely surprised how quickly it kept on accelerating and holding to the gear...

so my question is, is there a good, comprehensive list of what changes when D is changed to S ? Things like throttle sensitivity, any suspension changes (I doubt that)?

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I was just genuinely surprised how quickly it kept on accelerating and holding to the gear...

I don't have the DSG box, but boy do these engines love to rev :D

I was put off the idea of the DSG box by many reviews I read that say that the box will still kickdown or change up when you're pushing the car hard - as it happened I never found a DSG that met my other requirements, so I didn't get to test drive one.

Maximus2000uk

The real question is the difference between Sport, and D (Manual mode) when its flicked to the left and you shift with the lever.

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
With the OEM DSG software, sport mode hangs onto the gears to the redline if you keep the pedal to the metal. If you are on half throttle it will still hang on to the gear much higher in the rev range than in D, but it will change anywhere between 5k rpm upwards depending on throttle input. The changes are also "alleged" to be sharper than in D.
:)

Chuy

Yeah DSG Rules :) When I buy my Leon it wil be with th DSG tranny for sure !