Differences between wax, sealants and glazes

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
whats the Differences between wax, sealants and glazes?

And in which situation would you use each?

Grizzle

Order: Glaze sealant wax

Glaze: A Glaze is like a polish it's also like a paint conditioner that restores valuable oils to the paint. pure polishes can be used to eliminate fine scratches and create incredible high gloss not possible with wax type products. If you own a dark-color car, you'll see a dramatic difference if you use a polish/glaze my fav's are Meguiars show car glaze 7# and Blackfire gloss enhancing polish.

Sealant and waxes

Carnauba car wax produces an enviable deep, wet healthy shine that you can’t attain with a sealant. However, car waxes have a melting point that is easily reached in very warm climates, have limited longevity (eight to twelve weeks), and are typically more difficult to apply and buff off than paint sealants.

Paint sealants are formulated to mimic the level of depth and wetness that a good car wax produces, but just a select few can even come close, in my opinion. On the other hand, today’s paint sealants (the quality ones) last six to eight months(!), and will not melt, wash off or wear away. If you demand the best look, go with a high quality pure Carnauba wax, like Pinnacle Souverän. If you’re after long-lasting protection (that looks remarkably close to a Carnauba wax finish), go with one of the latest paint sealants, like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze blackfire wet diamond. Some sealants and car waxes can be layered to arrive at the best of both worlds—enduring protection with a show-car finish. The world is yours, depending on how much time, effort and money you want to spend on your car. After numerous trials and combinations, my favorite is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant topped with Pinnacle Souverän or P21S Concours Carnauba Car Wax, for a protection and shine that no one can touch

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
Thanks Grizzle. Very informative. Just about to get a brand new car. So from what your saying once i get the new car, wash it then treat it to a coat of wolfgang followed by some pinnacle souverian?

At what point do I need to use polish (or do I just not bother if sealing)?

Cheers

Grizzle

when are u gettin the new car buddy??,

If soon i would advise wash dry check if it needs clayed doing the plastic bag test hand in a freezer bag and lightly rub accross the paintwork and feel if there;s any roughness.

then some polish/glaze if your new and not entirley sure then meguiars step 2 from halfruds is good enough follow that with something like DP Paint sealant or Collonite 476s wax (this is about 80% of users on Detailing world's winter wax as its soo durable) Get yourself onto Detailingworld.co.uk have a butchers round there or check www.polishedbliss.co.uk really good informative guides on there

Graham

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
this might help:

ee8ae762.jpg

Iain

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
new car should be arriving sometime in december....done plenty of waxing nad polishing before but just want to get it right from the tsrat with a brand new car..

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
cheers finerdetails.....Ill check it out later, and then remortgage for all the cleaning products Im probably going ot need...;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise