Digital Cockpit Blank Screen

nignico

May 8, 2021
Hello Everyone! I need your help with something! So I own a 2019 seat leon with a digital Cockpit and I've been having this problem for two months now where the digital Cockpit goes completely black and the only things working are the temperature and fuel gauges on the side. At first it happened after it was parked in the sun for an hour and it didn't turn back on for a couple of hours. I looked up online and some say that this could be due to the heat and that this is a safety measure that it does to protect itself! However, it has happened many time since then; yet they all happened at night so no heat or anything! The last two times happened right after washing the car so I'm really confused here. It went a whole month without happening, Until last night where it happened again and took five hours to work again. Can anybody tell me why this is happening or if this has ever happened to you? I've read online that this could be as simple as a software update. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I checked the fault on Obdeleven and it said that it had occurred 47 times so far. I attached two images, one showing the blank screen and the other showing the fault code on Obdeleven. I really think this could be fixed by updating the instrument cluster.

If this has ever happened to you or know the fix to this then any help would be greatly appreciated.
6cc26af5eac0d78edfb3c2d6324df084.jpg
4088d7f9078e943ddd118bf48cdb8638.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Assuming your car is still under warranty, I’d be taking it into your dealership to fix at Seat’s expense.

I’m aware of an owner on uk-polos.net forum who had a 2018 VW Polo GTI+ with the same or similar issue with the digital dash panel in their car and from memory, a software update fixed it. If it does need replacing, then I think it’s an expensive part if it fails out of warranty and you end up paying for a new replacement yourself.

nignico

May 8, 2021
Thank you for replying man! My car did not come with a warranty as it was imported from spain to the middle east where I live! Don't ask my why lol! I'm really hoping it's a Software issue as replacing the whole unit is really expensive

nignico

May 8, 2021
I think I am the same dude Lol! I'm trying to post cause this issue is driving me nuts! Everyone is telling me that I need to change and that it's broken but I have a strong feeling it's an update issue! Thank you for replying man!

drh1015

Jan 19, 2023
Hi. Having exactly this problem. It seems to occur in other makes and models as well. Thanks for the info that a software update will solve the problem. A garage has quoted £180 per hour to start an 'investigation'. Didn't want to pay for several hours of head scratching. At least now I can suggest your solution. Thanks.

Reactions: nignico

drh1015

Jan 19, 2023
Oh dear. Apparently SEAT have advised that a software update WON'T cure the problem. But they don't seem to know what WILL fix it. Not impressed. Hmm... and I was thinking of buying a new model soon!

drh1015

Jan 19, 2023
Honestly, do not listen to them! they told me the same thing! If you have the same error code, then the solution is the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you nignico. That's encouraging. Will update on the outcome. Thanks again.

Jan 9, 2024
Hello Everyone! I need your help with something! So I own a 2019 seat leon with a digital Cockpit and I've been having this problem for two months now where the digital Cockpit goes completely black and the only things working are the temperature and fuel gauges on the side. At first it happened after it was parked in the sun for an hour and it didn't turn back on for a couple of hours. I looked up online and some say that this could be due to the heat and that this is a safety measure that it does to protect itself! However, it has happened many time since then; yet they all happened at night so no heat or anything! The last two times happened right after washing the car so I'm really confused here. It went a whole month without happening, Until last night where it happened again and took five hours to work again. Can anybody tell me why this is happening or if this has ever happened to you? I've read online that this could be as simple as a software update. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I checked the fault on Obdeleven and it said that it had occurred 47 times so far. I attached two images, one showing the blank screen and the other showing the fault code on Obdeleven. I really think this could be fixed by updating the instrument cluster.

If this has ever happened to you or know the fix to this then any help would be greatly appreciated.
6cc26af5eac0d78edfb3c2d6324df084.jpg
4088d7f9078e943ddd118bf48cdb8638.jpg

bro i got the same problem with my golf 7 yesterday after my car did not boot up i had to start it with an external battery and it just happend. no screen but other things works. what do you thing the problem might be?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise