Digital Speedo

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
My daughter has just bought a 2014 Toledo for her first car. It has the monochrome screen between the clocks which can show miles traveled, average speed, seemingly almost everything except speed.

Is there a way to get this screen to show speed? I have an OBD11 dongle if it needs coding.

Thank you.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Yup.

Carista(free download and free trial period)- as long as your OBDII is compatible.

Change dash to Australia and secondary speed display becomes available.

Reactions: Mr Pig

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Yup.

Carista(free download and free trial period)- as long as your OBDII is compatible.

Change dash to Australia and secondary speed display becomes available.

Mid 2015- on cars have the big mph display as OEM, but I used Carista to put it on my 2014 build car, also to change the default central locking settings, amongst other stuff.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Mid 2015- on cars have the big mph display as OEM, but I used Carista to put it on my 2014 build car, also to change the default central locking settings, amongst other stuff.

Someone has already changed the central locking settings and enabled cornering lights I think.

Australia? Doesn't that much up anything else? I have OBD11 Pro but I don't know anything about Carista. Can you change it with OBD11?

The book says it should have the digital MPH but it gives a reason why it might not work. If the second display is in KPH or something but it isn't and I don't see any way to change it anyway.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Yes when you set Australia you then have to reset some of the metric units for more familiar dash readouts.

On a UK car if you were to enable the secondary display it would be kph. In OZ the primary is kph but the secondary setting shows MPH.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
When I change it to Australia nothing changes. The small digital speed reading is in KPH in both UK and Aus mode and I cannot find any way to change it. I can't get it to be in MPH.

My son had a 2015 Ibiza and it wasn't like this. Large digital MPH was an option. I don't know why this is different.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
After changing to Australia, there are some new options on the HU, including enable secondary speed display or similar. Bear in mind I last did this in 2014.

2015 saw significant hardware changes to both Toledo and Ibiza. The newer cars have big MPH factory enabled.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Here's a quote from 5 years ago. I know this particular car had a low spec, non Nav HU.

"Regarding the big MPH display, make sure you've done the following:
Change region with Carista to Australia, and save it.
Then, on the MFD settings on the car (not with Carista), disable Alt. Speed Display in the display settings. Make sure everything else is enabled.
Then see if it shows - I've found the MDF can't do two speed displays at once, it needs to be one or the other. If you have the small ALT. KPH display enabled, it will disable the large MPH display."

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Glad to help. Sorry the replies were so slow, but I'm up to my neck in Spanish bureaucracy and don't have much time for forum surfing.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.