Dipping Nearside Mirror Not Working Properly

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Try video the fault?

Seat won't be keen to admit an issue due to the volumes in the market with faulty mechanisms before the issue was addressed. I guess removing the feature from the build then reinstating it (once fixed) is pretty clear admission but by no means concrete evidence.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I've also got this issue, dealer was in the process of ordering a new mirror but then on multiple test drives could not replicate. I'm now thinking of getting some videos together and see if they'll re-evaluate prior to the warrantly running out as I'm looking at keep the car another couple of years.

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I had my 2013 FR 150 looked at by the dealer, he did show me a piece of official SEAT paperwork that stated that as there was no potentiometer in the unit that return to the original position was not always guaranteed. I asked if as that was recognised as an issue whether they would replace with a mirror unit with a potentiometer under warranty and was told no.

Seems odd, as my 2015 Cupra 280 doesn't have this issue, and in fact, you can configure exactly where you want it to move to in reverse, and it without fail returns back to the correct position without fail.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I still may try the warranty angle again, failing that I wonder what the cost is for a new near side mirror unit incl fitting. I obviously have the painted cover and mirror glass if these are required.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.