DIY Door Trim Painting *Finished*

james.milroy

Mar 18, 2007
Sunny Saltcoats, Scotland
You can get stick on trims for the rear doors without resorting to cutting the front ones. I got a set sent from Austria (via ebay.de) and it turns out they are genuine parts, not modded front ones. The seat part number is: 1P0 064 730 Rear Door Panels Aluminium.
David at SERE should be able to get these and get a price for you. Beats me why these are not included in the alu door trim kit in the accessories brochure. As you well know this only contains the 2 front doors and 4 speaker trims.

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
You can get stick on trims for the rear doors without resorting to cutting the front ones. I got a set sent from Austria (via ebay.de) and it turns out they are genuine parts, not modded front ones. The seat part number is: 1P0 064 730 Rear Door Panels Aluminium.
David at SERE should be able to get these and get a price for you. Beats me why these are not included in the alu door trim kit in the accessories brochure. As you well know this only contains the 2 front doors and 4 speaker trims.

Do you have a link or item number for the ones you bought off eBay?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
If anyone has wrapped the trims did anyone prep them before hand? ie will the wrap stick to the textured finish with no issues? I'm getting all 4 wrapped soon but the place thinks it won't last unless the surface is smooth.
Don't want to sand them down unless I really have to.

Last edited:

p11lkw

Oct 21, 2012
If anyone has wrapped the trims did anyone prep them before hand? ie will the wrap stick to the textured finish with no issues? I'm getting all 4 wrapped soon but the place thinks it won't last unless the surface is smooth.
Don't want to sand them down unless I really have to.

I just cleaned mine then wrapped them straight on top, no sanding for me. They've been on about 3 months and they seem to be still stuck on well. I suppose time will tell. They only cost me £20 for some quality vinyl from my local sign shop.

Bully007

May 9, 2017
I thought he had not left as yet, ordered some parts of him just yesterday, oh well

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.