DIY - How to fit VIS/AutoTech Internals - UPGRADE & MODIFY your fuel pump

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
This is a cheap way to get much more out of your car's fuelling system, without having to spend £600 + for an uprated fuel pump (£821 for an APR HPFP!).

This is a DIY so follow it at home, I make a few mistakes but I do my best to point it out along the way. See the bottom video for a guide on how to remove your HPFP,

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Useful part numbers:

Banjo > Bamboo fitting conversion (prices may have changed):

item number 17, 06D127509N Quantity 1 £137.09 inc VAT - (metal fuel pipe)
item number 31, 06F127511B Quantity 1 £4.79 inc VAT - (rubber fuel hose)
item number 1B, 06F127213C Quantity 1 £19.80 inc VAt - (Fuel pump bamboo adaptor)
item number 25, N90986501 Quantity 2 £1.23 each inc VAT - (spring hose clip)

Issues you may run into:

- The tappet fell off - It's most likely on upside down. In the video I installed it upside down. The tappet is flat on one side and the other side isn't. The non flat side should face the cam follower.
- When I re-installed the fuel pump, it's leaking - You most likely dropped a washer that sits between the various valves and the fuel pump, or one of the components are not correctly installed
- I dropped a washer, do I need to replace it? - YES! Your fuel pump will leak so make sure to replace the washer

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
I searched around for HOURS trying to find the washers as I dropped mine... so I thought I'd help anyone searching with dimensions of washers.

For the union/pressure fitting (NOT the one he's pointing at, but the one just to the left), there's a small washer the same size as the side that screws into the HPFP:

11-hm-hpfp-hardlinefitting.jpg

The washer's Outer Diameter is 12mm, Inner Diameter is 6mm. This is the one that I could not find for the life of me.

The 2nd washer is a crush washer for the fuel valve (the one he's pointing to) has an Outer Diameter of 12mm and an Inner Diameter of 9mm. This one needs to be a crush washer or you'll have a leak or not a tight seal.

Reactions: Jimbobcook
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise