DMS/AMD Once Click upgrade to Custom Code Phases 1 & 2

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Now I’m becoming somewhat a connoisseur of remaps, I thought I’d take a little time to review what i’ve tried/had over the time...

The DMS I had for quite a while – not really a remap as such, more a fuelling adjuster; however I later found that it did indeed tweak boost a little once we got a computer to look at it. The characteristics were fierce – a huge lump of 290lbs/ft at 1900rpm which tailed off rapidly until 3500, where it basically plummeted to nothingness. There was no point in going beyond 3750k as a gear change would be more wheel-torque efficient, which made overtaking somewhat clumsy. The spike at low end did wonders for giving people butterflies and making girls scream, but my clutch and DMF didn’t see the funny side! Mine achieved 160BHP @ Wheels (~175BHP @ Fly) at 3650RPM, the highest i’ve seen for DMS/AMD One Click possibly helped by the FMIC and Exhaust and Dielectric Grease ;)

I’ve also been in a Revo’d 130 TDi with FMIC and Milltek which had a similar low end spike to the DMS however could hold its boost on a little longer. I didn’t really like it as it didn’t feel like an upgrade and said car was rapidly depleting its second OEM clutch at 60k.

Ive got a few friends on here with Custom Code maps – Mike_OBD, T. Spark, onlineamiga to name a few. After having a few Pod sessions against them i’ve noticed their cars pulled so well top end where mine just fizzled away. Along with their drivability and smoothness i decided to take a plunge!

CC1 – Don’t let this map fool you; it may not ‘feel’ the fastest, but that’s because of the sheer smoothness. I’ve heard this a hundred times before however never knew when it was getting at; until now. Its torque delivery is similar to that of a 1.8T compared to other maps which makes the power so much more controllable on the twisties. I’m reckoning the peak torque is hit ~2500rpm and the best thing NO MORE CLUTCH SLIP when booting it as opposed to the DMS! The power was held for MUCH longer than the DMS which gave my gear-changing arm some well needed holiday.

CC2 – In the end, to complement the FMIC and Mufflerectomy we tried the Phase 2 and WOW! All i can say is oodles of torque that just keeps on coming! It has Custom Code’s trademark smoothness which keeps you pinned back all the way to the 5100RPM limiter (yes, on a stock turbo!). The engine feels that bit more willing and lag is almost completely eliminated, almost as though the turbo is anticipating your every move. The fact my dodgy clutch is still holding firm is also a bonus!

I was a little paranoid that abuse of such a map could lead to over exerting the turbo but I was very happy to find that intake temps never exceeded 30 Degrees after two flat out runs (Compared to hitting ~70 Degrees for a Stock PD130 in same ~8C ambient temps). The boost is perfectly controlled with no spiking, peaking at a very conservative 1.55 BAR (I’ve seen maps spiking around 2 BAR!) with a very slight let off. Well heres the proof:

Boost.gif

Maf.gif

I was a little weary about getting another Remap, but this has changed the car completely and definitely taken it to the next level. Many thanks to Custom Code and JBS for their professionalism and skill in tweaking things to my taste! :D

Last edited:

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
Hmm - peak boost on mine was way higher than that figure, but my CC phase 1 was a very nice smooth map with a nice amount of power/torque increase too, I will admit ;)

Looks like you'll be enjoying a much more usable car vs your old tuning box?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Yes i definitely will be/am enjoying it.

This power run was in 3rd gear so 4th may provide a little more boost. The only problem is that my 4th redline is around 120mph so i need a private runway to do it.

Its not all about boost though, my DMS was running 1.34 BAR yet still managed 175BHP on the rollers. All i know is the injectors are maxed out on the CC so maybe the maps have evolved somewhat?

D-Power

Oct 28, 2006
Newmarket
Interesting stuff Ed...i was thinking of a Jabba remap and this has made me think twice. Really want to be able to run some nice useable power without having to fork out too much extra for clutches and FMICs

faboka vrs

Mar 26, 2004
Liverpool
Interesting as I have a Fabia vRS vag-com logs of custom code and it boosted to 1.8bar at 2Krpm dropping to 1.4bar at 4krpm. At the same time the MAF didnt go above 1250.

I may have my DMS map altered sometime this year as I dont like the hugh amount of torque at the low rev range. Much prefer the standard map till about 2.5Krpm.

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
What sort of power and torque is the CC map give you Ed?

I dont really know untill its rollered matey - im hoping for about 180-190BHP.

I dont hugely care about the figure though. It holds the torque which is what matters - Ive benchmarked it on a few roads and its about 15% quicker on a short stint which is excellent.

JBS_Mike will get his rollered first and has a pretty much identical mapping to mine so im sure there will be results very soon!

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Sounds good to me mate. I had my 110 chipped with a tunning box. However, I found when turning it too far the torque would be savage on spool up but die out quickly.

I'm in the market for a 130 and this map sounds great, as does the Bell autos. I want great power, strong torque that stays around longer than 2500rpm, but is limited at lower revs to save the clutch. This setup certainly sounds like its on the money.

When are you going on the rollers bud?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise