dodgy stearing..

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
right well i've had me mk2 for about 2 months.. so far have had to do wheel bearings and hubs on both front sides so far.. as all bolts snapped in them :S.. cleaned to throttle boddy to get it to idle.. but theres one main problem that does worry me.. is the front end seems very light and not like i got great control on it.. has anyone else had this?.. car is lowered not sure by how much.. and ive been told the top mounts are dead as theres a gap between then and the boddy.. or is this sumit else wrong?..

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
o yea.. and it pops out reverse.. its fine if im slow and hold it in but if i boot it in reverse even holding it in.. it judders around.. any ideas for that?.. the gear stick does twist a little to left and right if that helps.. thanks :)

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
really?.. cuz u can lift the car n the gap gets bigger or smaller.. and the drivers side has bigger gap that the passenger one..

Chick

I remember the Ibiza 8v GTi I had back in 1996 having a problem with the steering rack slipping mid bend. When cornering hard the car would sometimes move about a foot sideways when the rack slipped, then continue around the bend. It was scary when it happened. It went back to Seat 3 times and they found that some of the steering rack bolts or similar had worked loose each time. Eventually they glued the bolts in place and this sorted it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.