dodgy stearing..

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
right well i've had me mk2 for about 2 months.. so far have had to do wheel bearings and hubs on both front sides so far.. as all bolts snapped in them :S.. cleaned to throttle boddy to get it to idle.. but theres one main problem that does worry me.. is the front end seems very light and not like i got great control on it.. has anyone else had this?.. car is lowered not sure by how much.. and ive been told the top mounts are dead as theres a gap between then and the boddy.. or is this sumit else wrong?..

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
o yea.. and it pops out reverse.. its fine if im slow and hold it in but if i boot it in reverse even holding it in.. it judders around.. any ideas for that?.. the gear stick does twist a little to left and right if that helps.. thanks :)

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
really?.. cuz u can lift the car n the gap gets bigger or smaller.. and the drivers side has bigger gap that the passenger one..

Chick

I remember the Ibiza 8v GTi I had back in 1996 having a problem with the steering rack slipping mid bend. When cornering hard the car would sometimes move about a foot sideways when the rack slipped, then continue around the bend. It was scary when it happened. It went back to Seat 3 times and they found that some of the steering rack bolts or similar had worked loose each time. Eventually they glued the bolts in place and this sorted it.