Does anyone know what this is??

Sep 30, 2019
Hi folks

First time poster and long time lurker here.
I was recently fitting a dash cam to my mk3 Leon and had a panel underneath the glovebox unscrewed. A little metal fitting fell out. I couldn't see where it would go back in. I've attached some pictures of it to see if anyone has any idea.

It's more for curiosity sake as I'm sure it's nothing major.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20190930_141707.jpg
    IMG_20190930_141707.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20190930_141712.jpg
    IMG_20190930_141712.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 200
Sep 30, 2019
Oh, no!! That is what holds the engine in place.

Either that, or a metal clip used to clip in plastics trim :)
Thanks for that Manji. Thought the engine sounded like it was about to fall out last time I drove actually :happy: .
I'll keep an ear out for rattles and investigate further if I need to.

Sochaux

Jan 28, 2018
Looks like a clip that you whack into the window panel to hold wind deflectors in place.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
That is one of the metal clips that attaches to the plastic end panel of the dash. The one you see when you open the door.

They're never attached to the plastic panel properly, so when that panel is pulled out, instead of the metal clip coming out, the plastic 'knob' just slides out instead, and then that falls through into the under tray you've undone. Or if you are really unlucky drops down somewhere else never to be seen again.

I'll try find a photo.

Reactions: black_sheep

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
When I had a dashcam hardwired in by Halfords, the 'professional' took the dashboard end cap off and you could hear the clips falling into the recesses of the dashboard. When he'd finished, he put the end cap back on with only two of these clips. Eventually after a few days driving, the two lost clips fell through to the drivers footwell. They're still in my cupholder, as I've never bothered putting them back!

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Because when you go to take it off the other 2 will fall in :banghead2

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
When I had a dashcam hardwired in by Halfords, the 'professional' took the dashboard end cap off and you could hear the clips falling into the recesses of the dashboard. When he'd finished, he put the end cap back on with only two of these clips. Eventually after a few days driving, the two lost clips fell through to the drivers footwell. They're still in my cupholder, as I've never bothered putting them back!

The word 'professional' gets used loosely these days

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise