Does anyone know when/if the Leon will have option of DAB radio

DigglerB

Hi all - I currently have a DAB radio and this is great when listening to TalkSport and Virgin over AM.

Does anyone know when or even if the spec will be updated to have either an option or standard fit DAB radio in the FR?

I know SEAT did provide a DAB radio in a special edition Ibiza a while ago - so they must be able to make one for the Leon surely?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Yeah, i'd say dab is a bit of a waste of time, thats why its still very rare in cars.

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
My only question is this, what happens when the analogue transmitters get switched off, as atm the BBC Dab signal in Nottingham is a disgrace, the indie stations have much better reception because they've invested in more transmitters, the Beeb however has to broadcast analogue alongside digital, making Dab reception in certain parts of the city nonexistent, so I think that Dab has a future, just not in it's current format/codec....
The Beeb is shutting down analogue tv transmitters to free up bandwidth for digital tv, so what's to say that the same thing won't happen to radio???

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
They won't switch off the analogue unless there is a digital alternative, and dab isnt really an alternative at the moment.

Fun Bobby

They won't switch off the analogue unless there is a digital alternative, and dab isnt really an alternative at the moment.

I agree, don't forget a good chuck of your TV license pays for BBC radio.

DigglerB

Cheers all for your posts - Igor23's DAB solution might be the way forward

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Just a word of caution regarding the revo dab, make sure to use an external aerial, as the supplied internal stick-on is useless....

Fun Bobby

Just a word of caution regarding the revo dab, make sure to use an external aerial, as the supplied internal stick-on is useless....

Can you not just piggy-back off the standard car aerial?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members