Does the 2019 leon support wireless carplay ?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
As standard the answer is No. You can purchase a single thank allows you to have wireless CarPlay and I think it’s in the region of £100+ in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I managed to get one of the Carlin ones next day for £130 on Amazon, but they've shot back up to £160. Works really well though :) Its a version 2.0 which apparently is quicker at connecting and no issues working with steering wheel controls as others have reported on other makes. No delay in phone call audio either. Only delay is when you skip a track, the image and info changes straight away, but audio takes maybe 1-2 seconds. But then it does that with the wire anyway. Not sure if its just Spottily though, as I don't use the Apple Music app these days.

CarPlay2Air also do one currently at £100, but their customer service is beyond shocking. I paid for DHL Express shipping that said 2-3 days. Nothing suggested it was coming from outside Europe. 3 days later I get an email saying it's been shipped via 'Shipped from China' so I queried why I paid extra for DHL Express. The question was ignored and I was effectively told 'because of Covid' it may take a few days to be delivered.

2 weeks later it still hadn't left Shenzhen and was now showing as 'returned to sender'. My questions of to why it was not being sent DHL express (despite paying more for that), was still ignored and I was told that delivery was taking longer due to Covid-19. Opened a dispute on PayPal as they were not answering my questions, so was emailed saying they would now only respond through PayPal. Now nearly 4 weeks later still no response of any sort on PayPal and I've had to escalate to PayPal themselves to investigate :(

I've since discovered that the CarPlay2Air is a copy of the Carlin one too. Should of researched more, but there are YouTube videos from independent people saying the CarPlay2Air does work.

Last edited:

T4Z

Sep 2, 2020
Yeah, I managed to get one of the Carlin ones next day for £130 on Amazon, but they've shot back up to £160. Works really well though :) Its a version 2.0 which apparently is quicker at connecting and no issues working with steering wheel controls as others have reported on other makes. No delay in phone call audio either. Only delay is when you skip a track, the image and info changes straight away, but audio takes maybe 1-2 seconds. But then it does that with the wire anyway. Not sure if its just Spottily though, as I don't use the Apple Music app these days.

CarPlay2Air also do one currently at £100, but their customer service is beyond shocking. I paid for DHL Express shipping that said 2-3 days. Nothing suggested it was coming from outside Europe. 3 days later I get an email saying it's been shipped via 'Shipped from China' so I queried why I paid extra for DHL Express. The question was ignored and I was effectively told 'because of Covid' it may take a few days to be delivered.

2 weeks later it still hadn't left Shenzhen and was now showing as 'returned to sender'. My questions of to why it was not being sent DHL express (despite paying more for that), was still ignored and I was told that delivery was taking longer due to Covid-19. Opened a dispute on PayPal as they were not answering my questions, so was emailed saying they would now only respond through PayPal. Now nearly 4 weeks later still no response of any sort on PayPal and I've had to escalate to PayPal themselves to investigate :(

I've since discovered that the CarPlay2Air is a copy of the Carlin one too. Should of researched more, but there are YouTube videos from independent people saying the CarPlay2Air does work.

Ouch regarding the CarPlay2Air. Looks like they are dropshipping straight from Ali Express. Those devices on their website are about $30. https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=wireless carplay

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Ouch regarding the CarPlay2Air. Looks like they are dropshipping straight from Ali Express. Those devices on their website are about $30. https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=wireless carplay
Yeah plot thickens. They messaged me the DHL tracking information but it went into my junk folder, they then updated PayPal with the tracking information 1 minute after it had been signed for. So now my 'item not receieved' is under investigation but shows I have it 4 weeks later. So now I have it.

I want a refund of the express shipping as its still taking the ****. But now I have 2. So will sell it on to someone unless I can convince PayPal to let me send it back for a full refund.

T4Z

Sep 2, 2020
Yeah plot thickens. They messaged me the DHL tracking information but it went into my junk folder, they then updated PayPal with the tracking information 1 minute after it had been signed for. So now my 'item not receieved' is under investigation but shows I have it 4 weeks later. So now I have it.

I want a refund of the express shipping as its still taking the ****. But now I have 2. So will sell it on to someone unless I can convince PayPal to let me send it back for a full refund.

Hopefully a dispute with PayPal should work, they usually side with the customer. Sites nowadays only flogging 1 product are usually dropshippers. The reviews on their website are automatically copied over to their site too.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.