wireless charging (pre-facelift)

redone

Nov 28, 2023
Hello all.

I’ve seen the oem/ali and Inbay (10w) solutions. Thinking of just sticking a genuine magsafe (15w) to the bottom of the tray. However, the usb port is already reserved for wireless carplay dongle and not sure how to splice-in. Does anyone have any suggestions?

redone

Nov 28, 2023
Could you not take a power supply from the 12v cigarette lighter and use a USB adaptor ?
that’s what i was thinking. original magsafe connect to something like https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145187064987 cut off the plug and splice to taps onto the 12v supply cables of the cigarette lighter connection. is there somewhere on a fusebox ring i could connect to, seems like the tap/splice would be about the same amount of effort? i’m also assuming the magsafe would work through the tray. has anyone tested this (don’t have the magsafe yet)?

redone

Nov 28, 2023
Looked at this again today. To do this requires a step down converter (so as not to blow the circuit fuse), specifically a high output as most are 15w at best. I was wrong previously, MagSafe is 20w. So need a specific high output solution such as the 24w here combined with a female usb-c to male usb-a like this. So will need to get these and should be in business.

I’m considering cutting a hole in the plastic so only the rubber is between to give the best connection. Should be awesome. Eventually.

Hello all.

I’ve seen the oem/ali and Inbay (10w) solutions. Thinking of just sticking a genuine magsafe (15w) to the bottom of the tray. However, the usb port is already reserved for wireless carplay dongle and not sure how to splice-in. Does anyone have any suggestions?
The USB port is powered by the infotainment unit. It has limited power available to it, I wouldn't recommend using this power for wireless charging

Reactions: Walone and DEAN0

redone

Nov 28, 2023
Ready to butcher some plastic…

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.