does timing pull effect the boost produced?

gulzar

LCR jabba'd
Oct 1, 2007
hi all. was doing some research on some logs i had from before to see if the timing pulling in block 20 on vag com effected the actual boost produced from the car.

i did a log where i ran to the red line in third or fourth cant remember which exactly, and found that when the cf's deviated from 0 rising to a max of 6 that the actual boost produced was just shy of the requested boost on block 115. even if it rose to 3 the actual boost produced was anywhere between 20-60 mbar shy of requested. not always the case but more often than not. when there are no cf's on block 20 then i noticed majority of the time that the actual.boost produced was either higher or dead on the requested.

does this mean that any timing pull whatsoever would cause a slight reduction in performance and boost or am i just imagining things.????

help appreciated.

gulzar.:lol:

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
As far as I know it shouldn't do since timing is dependent on the air flowing into the cylinder, I don't think you could have a two way dependency.

I think you are thinking of it the wrong way round, the requested air flow or boost should produce the correct amount of air for the timing to be as set by the map. Because the air flow is reduced the timing is then retarded to produce a later burn in the cylinder, this means less power.

Whether or not this would be noticeable I don't know.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise