Does your car misfire on tickover

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
Sorry to hear about this hope it gets sorted, mine needs to go in for the airbag issue asap, think my back box is blowing too. :(

warren_cox

Back from the dead
@COXW... I've begun getting this problem now!! On my cupra... booking it in to the stealer next week. Also got a blown rear silencer an car only done 7 000km(bout 4000miles) and all stock!!!

VAG log shows higher than normal knck levels and wen pushing the car the engine management ligh goes on!!

How's this possible???

Take your plugs out and check them if you can. Give them a gentle clean and replace, or better still whack a set of NGK Iridiums in. The Bosch OE plugs don't seem that great TBH. I then sprayed the coil pack contacts with plenty of contact cleaner spray and put it all back together and its worked ever since.

On cold start I get the occasional morning where she doesn't want to start and the exhaust output smells incredibly rich, but whilst its going I'm going to live with it.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
On cold start I get the occasional morning where she doesn't want to start and the exhaust output smells incredibly rich, but whilst its going I'm going to live with it.

Hve you got an uprated fuel pump fitted mate?

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland

this will be the case when it doesnt fire up. the fuel just goes thru the system unburnt.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Right quick update :

Well my car is ..................... still at the dealers and no movement at all , so told SEAT today that they have until end of business monday to come up with a solution to fix my car and end of play tuesday for me to collect trouble free or find me a replacement like for like car.

so will see what happens monday.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
New engine would be acceptable as well would it not? You are right to have given them a deadline but to be honest they will probably be the ones to call the shots.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
New engine would be acceptable as well would it not? You are right to have given them a deadline but to be honest they will probably be the ones to call the shots.

no mate the ship has sailed for an engine , if it had been 3 weeks or so into the garage having the car then i would have considered it but not 9 weeks into it , would mean another 3 or weeks of torture !:cry:

i will see how i get on , i havent sworn or shouted yet lol , been polite and to the point so will see what happens , will post on monday to keep you all informed.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
no mate the ship has sailed for an engine , if it had been 3 weeks or so into the garage having the car then i would have considered it but not 9 weeks into it , would mean another 3 or weeks of torture !:cry:

i will see how i get on , i havent sworn or shouted yet lol , been polite and to the point so will see what happens , will post on monday to keep you all informed.

If it was mine, I would sooner have a new engine than a different car - at least you will know what you have then :)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
that is a good point mate.
if that was offered a few weeks back then would have probably been ok.
but with 9 weeks at the dealers and no end in sight , i dont really want to go down the route of will take 3 weeks to do and takes 5 or 6 going on the present experience.

and after 9 weeks of driving a crappy diesel i just want my baby back :cry:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
well WEEK 9 in the stealers and have come to the conclusion they havent a clue what they are doing.
so thats it 4 me no more business for them ever.

Its been escalted to the highest technical level with SEAT uk now , so probably with the cleaner :whistle:.

totaly pi$$ed off , really dont think i will ever see her back.

i am thinking of taking something away the managing director of the garage that he loves for 9 weeks or how ever long it takes for my car to be fixed and see how he chuffing likes it ! :censored:

have given SEAT 1 more week before i go down the replacement route.

just out of intrest has any one ever had a "good will gesture" from SEAT UK and if so what u get?

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
@COXW... I've begun getting this problem now!! On my cupra... booking it in to the stealer next week. Also got a blown rear silencer an car only done 7 000km(bout 4000miles) and all stock!!!

VAG log shows higher than normal knck levels and wen pushing the car the engine management ligh goes on!!

How's this possible???

I'm sure my rear silencer was also blown, but the dealer said that this was normal on "Cupra's". Wasn't like that when I bought it though.

I was always after a better sounding car than standard, so the Cat-Back has been replaced with a Milltek Non-Resonated which sounds a lot more healthy:D:D.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
One more week eh? You should give them your ultimatum now IMO as they will probably take ages to act on that.

Wouldnt be that difficult for them to source a new engine and fit it. The time they have taken on it so far would surely have paid for the engine by now.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.