Donington Park BTCC Meet Sunday 30th July

Chris FR

You guys will have to look after me on this one, its my first meet with the forum peeps, I used to have a lot to do with the MG-Rover.org forums, but since I got the Leon last October, SeatCupra.net is my first port of call!

So this is my first meet with you guys, dont want to be too much of a NEWBIE, will probably bring my old man aswell as he is always blabbing on about going to a BTCC.

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
Chris FR said:
You guys will have to look after me on this one, its my first meet with the forum peeps, I used to have a lot to do with the MG-Rover.org forums, but since I got the Leon last October, SeatCupra.net is my first port of call!

So this is my first meet with you guys, dont want to be too much of a NEWBIE, will probably bring my old man aswell as he is always blabbing on about going to a BTCC.
This will be my second meet Chris my first one was the very wet Knockhill last year,where Ive been going for years,where I did chat to a few peeps but it was just too damn wet.My mate who frequents the mg-rover.org forum is coming down too with me.We're Donnie virgins but have always wanted to do an "away"trip for a wee change-wheres the best places to spectate/photo opps?and whats the grub like?

Last edited:

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
markoos said:
This will be my second meet Chris my first one was the very wet Knockhill last year,where I did chat to a few peeps but it was just too damn wet.My mate who frequents the mg-rover.org forum is coming down too with me.We're Donnie virgins but have always wanted to do an "away"trip for a wee change-wheres the best places to spectate/photo opps?and whats the grub like?
I was at Knockhill last year, too. :cry:

For the short circuit, I think the best spots are the final chicane viewed from infield, and the grassy bank overlooking Craner Curves / Old Hairpin. This is a good photo spot (with zoom) as there's no fence in the way.

Food - usual crap served from caravans, but I still buy it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
markoos said:
I remember seeing your motor muzo was it the yellow leon if I remember I was in the arctic grey leon.
Yep, that was it. Not ideal conditions for standing around nattering! Mind you, Brands Hatch this year for the WTCC was nearly as bad, I didn't think they got that kind of rain south of the border :rolleyes:

A couple of other viewing spots to consider are

1. the banking on the straight by the Dunlop bridge
2. Outfield at Redgate (1st corner)
3. Outfield overlooking the Old Haripin, although it's a long walk to there, but good again for photos as there's no fence

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
markoos said:
This will be my second meet Chris my first one was the very wet Knockhill last year,where I did chat to a few peeps but it was just too damn wet.My mate who frequents the mg-rover.org forum is coming down too with me.We're Donnie virgins but have always wanted to do an "away"trip for a wee change-wheres the best places to spectate/photo opps?and whats the grub like?

I was at KH last year too..., that was my first BTCC race too. A very memorable experience , don't think I've ever seen that much rain and got totally soaked, really good fun. Didn't meet any peeps though as we were in out of the free VIP tickets we had though the best action was seen only out in the wet! The Scots have are really enthusiastic attitude towards the sport come rain or shine. I've never been to Donnington which is far far closer than the 400 mile trip I did last time, lol. Should be good!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Over 30 now booked up so far :D Looking like a good un

Good turn out given it's only been up 2 days

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
IF we are meeting at Donnington Services, just make sure if youve not been one before, u park with the right group, because all other sites use that as the meeting point as well, Could be quite embarassing :whistle:

Last edited:

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
Empi5 said:
Looks as if we ALL will be meeting at Donnington Services, just make sure if youve not been one before, u park with the right group !;)
Am coming across from Derby where I'm staying overnight whats the best bet for me then-meet inside the circuit at the parking spot?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
without sounding like i'm pee'ing on anyone chips, but if we have passes to hand out - doesn't it make sense to meet somewhere that I'll be?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I like to cover all my bases

No point in posting them if I get them a week today. Conversely we might have our own passes recognised by Donington Park.

So many options, different every time.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
m0rk said:
without sounding like i'm pee'ing on anyone chips, but if we have passes to hand out - doesn't it make sense to meet somewhere that I'll be?

I prefer vinegar on my chips

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.