Door Contact Switch - Advice (please)

rob - 73

Jun 26, 2007
Hamilton / Glasgow
Hey guys, looking for some good news (hopefully):D

While cleaning car the car on Sunday I noticed that my internal drivers door light didn't come on when I opened the door and also that the courtesy light above the rear view mirror didn't come on.

All the other internal door lights come on, so I swapped the door light unit with one that worked in the other door... no joy though.

So I have contacted the very helpful SEAT workshop manager that has helped me in the past, he suggested "it sounds like the drivers door contact switch is gone".

The problem being that this is located in the door lock / latch.... and here is the burn.. the whole thing would have to be replaced..costing £70 for the part and including labour would be approx £180....:cry:

£180... to get my interior light working when I open the drivers door....(not happy).

The story continues......

I thought since I havn't ever put my key in the look in the car, as I alway use the key fob, I would give that a try. The courtesy light came on but not the door light, I now know the reason for this, it is because when I unlock the car the internal light comes on....Duh...

What do we think folks as can I really justify spending £180 to get this fixed or is there another solution??

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

rob - 73

Jun 26, 2007
Hamilton / Glasgow
thanks r6 allan,

I have printed this out and will give it a read after work.

Looks like a hell of alot of work but it would be worth it....

thanks again

bozwellox

Jazz Maveric
Jan 8, 2007
Oxford
I've had exactly the same problem since I've owned the car and somehow I've never run the battery flat by leaving the lights on...I'm sure it will happen one day.

Might give that guide a quick once over!