Door lock issue

MarcGreenaway

Feb 17, 2010
Blackpool
Hi All,

I have the common door lock issue. Passenger side front door doesn’t lock with the central locking so can be opened from the outside.

I have done the hole drill repair which worked for a short while but its playing up again.

Has anybody any experience with aftermarket units such as this :-

Am i best to avoid aftermarket and just bite the bullet for a genuine one? Don’t really fancy buying a used unit as could easily just happen again.

Thanks

steve7786

Apr 27, 2013
I've only done the repair on the front passenger door, it's been fine for years, always worth trying again and making sure you cover the hole with some tape. I replaced my rear drivers with genuine as i didn't know about the drill and spray method at the time. Any after market will have a guarantee, just depends on your budget and if you are happy, genuine can fail quickly too.

stephen

Dec 4, 2018

both locks still working good its been 2 years

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
My drivers one packed up a few weeks ago but locked when door was open and had to cable tie it closed had a genuine one supplied and fitted by an ex master Seat technician friend of my cousins who now works on his own cost £215 genuine supplied and fiited and recently noticed the passenger one had been playing up so had the passenger side replaced today lol.