Door lock repair kit

mikeholroyd

Following a thread I posted a few minutes ago being deleted within seconds, I'll reword it, and let you do the research yourselves.

For any of you that have a drivers door lock barrel sticking or seized, there is a repair kit available on a well known auction site at very reasonable cost.
Having bought one of these said kits, I have fitted it within 45 minutes and now have a fully working lock barrel again.

I trust that this has no longer broken any of the forum rules, just merely telling folk that a cheaper option than a dealer replacing the lock is available.

PS Why is it that when posting on other forums, and something is not liked, a gentle reply to that effect is all that is needed or given? It seems that on this forum, sarcastic and sometimes downright nasty replies are the norm for this and many other threads..........................

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

dent

Apr 18, 2009
thanks for info.I do not know what you did wrong eitherand would agree that some of the replies on here seem to be most unhelpful,Everybody has to start somewhere.However as a pretty mature version of the human race I have found people like this tend to be immature and nowhere near as smart as they think they are.Anyway thanks again for info there are some very helpful people on the forum so please do not judge it by the few recurrent plonkers.They know who they are

cheqmate06

i purchased one to these kits recently but cant get the spring loaded correctly. Does anyone have any good advice on how to do this?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members